Thread: How to replace hard drive in Sony Vaio VGC-JS2E

How to replace hard drive in Sony Vaio VGC-JS2E

I'm looking to replace hard drive of this laptop. I used this Sony Vaio VGC-JS2E laptop last one month and now I want to replace the hard disk present on this laptop. The configuration of this laptop is to be 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo processor with 3GB RAM, and Nvidia 9300M graphics card. Also this system contains the 250GB hard disk but I want to add another hard disk onto it instead of this hard disk. I haven’t knowledge about it but I want to replace it with the new hard disk. Please suggest me the exact process to do this task. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to replace hard drive in Sony Vaio VGC-JS2E

Sony VAIO VGC-JS2E's supporting Up to 500GB Hard drive Capacity. This is the best to just enhance the memory size of this laptop. In this case, you need to first read the manual of the laptop. In that article they mention the design pattern of the laptop and it will be help to fix such kind of problem. Hence I just say that you need to first analyze the design of the laptop and then try to perform the hard disk replacement policy.

The basic procedure for Replacing Hard Drive of this laptop is to be very easy but there will be little risk present in this process. The first step in this process is to be removing some plastic clips with covers, also there is need to remove the necessary hiding screws. After that partially open laptop back cover and disconnect some necessary internal cables. You can use the manual to view the internal setting of this laptop. Then disconnect cable and remove the previous hard drive. Finally insert new drive on this place and then fit the screw and the plastic panel in its place. It helps to replace the hard disk.

I think this is one of the most risky tasks and hence I suggest you to first use the expert advice. You can also do this task with in front of the expert who has already done this task. Then I suggest you to use the proper kind of help and it really work to solve your problem. This process is to be necessary that will be help to just find the place of hard disk and then replace it with the new hard disk. This will be helps you a lot.

I think you have good knowledge about this laptop system but you need to first check that the new hard disk is fully compatible with the laptop or not. You can do this checking task using the official site help. Hence I must suggest you to first check the hard disk compatibility and then perform the hard disk installation task. Hence use such type of process and ensure that the hard disk works with the laptop or not.

You never mention the basic reason why you want to replace this laptop hard disk. If you ask my opinion then I suggest you to don’t do this task. It is not necessary in your laptop. You need to use an alternative solution such as use the external storage devices. This is to be also the best way that helps to solve your problem. There is many such USB HDD present in the market which is compatible with the USB port. You need to use any of the hard disk and it helps to you for solving this problem.

I apologies your answer and I think this is the best thing that will be also avoid the hard disk connectivity problem. It works and if any situation, you can just connect the hard disk with the system. Normally the hard disk will be used for the storing the data of the system. Several applications and the video game will be run on the external HDD without giving any problem. Hence use this and it would be work to solve such kind of problem.