Thread: Unable to work with Brother monochrome laser printer HL2240D

Unable to work with Brother monochrome laser printer HL2240D

I have purchased the new system at home for some official work. Then I bought Brother monochrome laser printer HL2240D for paper work. After that I faced some problems regarding to that. The problem is no related to the computer’s working. The performance of the computer is fine but the issue is about the printer only. The printer worked fine till last week but after that the problem occurred. The actual problem is that when I try to press the button off the printer for a couple of seconds then the printer light shows orange beside the toner indicator and after that green beside the “ready” label. I try to replace my printer and get new one. But the problem remains same. Can anyone give me some suggestion to solve this problem? Please help me.

Re: Unable to work with Brother monochrome laser printer HL2240D

I want to give you some suggestion that might help you to solve your problem. You can get the help from onsite service. The onsite service is very best option for you. The meaning of the onsite service is you have to inform to brother helpline then they will come to your house. Then you can ask them for a solution. You can make use of this service. I think Brother Company provides this kind of facility so try to make use of it.

I read your problem and I come to know that you have some hardware related problem. And that can be easily solved if you get the proper reason of that problem. I think the problem is a “optical” sensor inside that printer which can detect the toner level. And I think the problem is in that feature of your system. So please check out for that. I hope this can provide you some help to solve your problem.

As per your description the problem sounds like it is related to printer’s toner or toner cartridge. This is the most common problem in the printer users. For solving this kind of problem you try some methods which I am giving here. First check out whether toner cartridge is empty or low. If this found the system gives an automatic error which indicate that problem. So you can try to swap it with the new one. After that you will see that the unit started to work properly. I wish this can be useful to you. Thank you.

You mentioned that your printer toner is giving an error. So I think this problem may relate to toner drum. Actually the toner drum on a laser printer needs to be replaced regularly. I think that should be once in a year. Sometimes it depends on the volume f the printing device that it handles. The printout become fades when the toner drum gets damaged. You got some lights on your device please try to make sense from that and solve your problem.

According to your description I want to give you some suggestion about your problem. I think this is a hardware related issue. So you have to check out all the connections perfectly. And make sure that there is no connection problem. If you get some problem there then you have to fix them immediately. If you not get anything then you should consult to your engineer to solve your problem. In this way you can solve this kind of problem. I hope this will work for you.

You mentioned in your problem that you purchased the new device so you definitely have the warrantee on your device. So first check it out for that. If possible then replace your device again so you can get the benefit of it. If you don’t have the warrantee on it then also you have to try to replace that device and try to get the printer of another brand as possible. This may provide some help to you.