Thread: Gigabyte M6900 mouse not responding after reboot

Gigabyte M6900 mouse not responding after reboot

Recently I have purchased Gigabyte M6900 mouse. This mouse is a gaming mouse. I connected it and it was working well but last night when I restarted my system it didn’t work. I don’t know what happened. Mouse stopped responding after the restart. It is not functioning at all. I can only see that the laser light is working but led dpi isn’t working. What could be the problem? Please suggest me something regarding this issue. Any suggestions given to me would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Gigabyte M6900 mouse not responding after reboot

After reading the post of yours I think there is some problem with the system. As you said it means at least there is a laser light which means that there could be some problem with the system. Make sure that you have installed proper drivers. If you have not installed the drivers then I would ask you to install. May be because of the drivers this problem is coming.

Tell me that have you installed the latest drivers? If you haven’t installed the drivers then kindly install the drivers. Make sure you download the latest driver. This might be responsible for this problem. You can install the drivers using cd that you must have got with the mouse you purchased. If you don’t have a cd then you need to search for the drivers manually on the internet. Go to the google site and from there download the drivers. After downloading you can install the drivers into the system. Then restart the system.

I think you should install the latest BIOS. Have you installed the latest BIOS? If not then I think you should upgrade the BIOS. May be you have not installed the latest BIOS because of which this problem seems to be coming. After installing the BIOS I think your bios would work fine. I hope my suggestion is helpful to you. How old is your system. Post me if upgrading didn’t work

Well I have experienced the same problem with me long time back. I also upgraded my system with the latest BIOS but it didn’t work at all. My mouse was not working and the condition persisted. Yes but the laser light had also started working. It was not working before the upgradation of the BIOS. I would suggest you to go to the BIOS setting and there if the power saving features in the BIOS is disabled then enable it. You can enter the BIOS by pressing f2 button during the start up.

When did you get the mouse? I think the mouse that you have purchased isn’t proper may be it is defected. I hope the mouse you have is under the warranty period. You can go back to the hardware shop from where you had purchased it and get it changed. If it’s under warranty period then you can get it replaced otherwise you will have to get it repaired. Ask the person what he suggests you.

Have you tried with any other mouse? I would ask you if you are helpless then try with some another mouse. If it works then there is some problem with the settings of the system and if it doesn’t then definitely the problem is with the mouse. For mouse settings you can check it in the control panel. Go to start>>settings>>control panel. There you will find mouse settings options. Make few changes and I hope it works.