Thread: Sony Vaio A517S: need to replace LCD screen.

Sony Vaio A517S: need to replace LCD screen.

Hey hi friends, I am using Sony Vaio notebook from the last 7 months. Up till now, it was working good, but now I need to replace the LCD screen because it got crashed. I need help to buy a LCD screen and also need help to fix it to my notebook. It working good and it has no screen problem, but due to crash, it needs to change. But I have no idea how to buy a new LCD screen for the notebook and also how to replace the existing screen. So an you please give me step for the replacement details for my notebook?

Re: Sony Vaio A517S: need to replace LCD screen.

Your notebook screen has crashed by some reason, rather than buying a new laptop, it is possible to replace the screen of the laptop. It will help you to save money and will keep the machine as it is. To buy the LCD screen you need to contact with the venders of the notebook. They will provide you the proper screen for your notebook. For buying the proper screen for your notebook, you will need the model number which is there on the notebook. With the help of model number they will easily configure the right screen for your laptop. If you don’t know how to replace the screen then you can take the help of any hardware engineer. He will help you to replace the screen properly.

To replace the screen in your Sony Vaio A517S notebook, you will require the following steps. I am sure that these steps will help to replace the screen of many other models of Sony Vaio series. The steps are as:
    • Before replacement process make sure that your notebook is turned off. And remove the battery.
    • With the help of screwdriver, remove the rubber cover from the screws. On each corner of the screen, there are screws, so make sure that you have to remove all the screw rubber. Under the screw rubber there are screws, remove them with the help of screwdriver. Try to remove the screen bezel, don’t apply to much force on the bezel, it is made of thin plastic.
    • After removing the bezel, you will need to replace the screen inverter. To replace it, simply unplug the two cables which connected with the screen inverter.
    • Then, carefully remove the LCD screen from the cover. Unplug the video cable and the power supply from the screen. And replace the old screen with the new one.

Hey, the average cost of the notebook is around $1,100. So if you dropped you laptop and screen get crashed, then you will sure think to replace the LCD screen, you will never think to buy a new notebook instead of replacing the LCD screen. The cost of replacing the LCD screen is around $300 to $450 only. If you have decided to buy a new LCD screen to replace the crashed screen, then you have to contact with the service center or you will need to replace it on yourself. You will also require the model number of your laptop for buying the new screen.

According to me, LCD screen is more delicate component of the notebook. But price of them are dropping now, and replacement cost for the Sony Vaio A517S is around $300 to $450 range. Now its to you that you want to replace the screen or to by a new laptop for the further use. I will suggest you to replace the LCD screen of your notebook, rather than buying an entirely new laptop. It is possible to replace the entire screen of the notebook. You can contact to the vendors, they will provide you service for the replacement of the screen.

For the replacement of notebook screen, there are some companies which will provide you the screen replacement service. Out of these companies, one company is ScreenTek, which just offer the replacement of the screen, it also provide you offer for upgrade your system, even for the laptops which do not provide this configuration from the manufacturer. For the instruction to replace the LCD screen in your notebook, you will need to visit on the ScreenTek website. They will give you the proper details for the cost of the screen and also for the replacement charges.