Thread: Sony printer PP-FTP30 not recognizing in Window vista

Sony printer PP-FTP30 not recognizing in Window vista

Last week I bought a Sony DPP-FP30 printer for my personal use. So when I connect this printer to my Sony laptop which works on Window Vista is not detecting the printer. It says that that it is not compatible for window Vista it is compatible up to Window XP and earlier version. So what I do I’m have no idea about this problem. So friend now I’m helpless about this problem. Has anyone have any idea please share? Otherwise it will be just be a kept like a useless metal sitting on my desk.

Re: Sony printer PP-FTP30 not recognizing in Window vista

Most brand new or newly unique printers will take on Vista but not typically with the drivers that the printer was supplied with on CD. The greater part of them require a more up to date driver for Vista, unless it in particular states "Windows Vista Compatible" either on the printer bundling, the guidelines, or on the CD. Where this isn't the case, you basically should uproot the contradictory driver assuming that you at present instated it, and download the last driver for your printer from the Sony online content.

When I face this problem I search on internet I got some solution. This solution is solving my problem. So I suggest you also apply this solution I’m sure that problem is also solved. You will find that there are two drivers for the Sony printer is loaded. First is listed as Microsoft and other are listed as Sony. When you plug that printer, Vista would automatically install the driver. And if the vista is not getting driver then it’s not detect printer. So what you do then plug the printer and turned on, and then got to control panel, printer and delete the printer. Then manually add the printer and it will allow you to choose driver which you want you can set path of that driver. Choose the Microsoft driver. And then definitely printer starts working.

Some Sony printer comes with compatible with Window Vista. There driver is compatible for vista so that time you don’t need to install any external driver. Some printer is not compatible with window vista. So company is not providing driver which supports window vista. So that time you manually need to update your printer driver. Or you can download driver for your printer which is supportable for the window Vista.

Last week my friend also is facing same problem but he overcome with his problem just in two days. When I asked a solution about this problem he said that just update the driver. This problem come when your install printer driver become corrupt or not responding. Then you have updated your printer driver. You can update your driver through Sony official websites. There they were providing solution for updating the driver. Then also you face same problem then install the fresh copy of Driver setup which you can download from Sony official websites.

You said that recently you buy this printer and Sony always gives 1 year warranty with their printer. It’s mean that your printer is in warranty period then why you are worrying for this problem you can simply visit to any Sony service center. Tell the service people about your problem or ask them to give fresh copy of your printer driver in a Disk. I’m sure that after visiting your problem will be solve. Don’t worry about the charge they will not charge any amount for repairing.