Thread: Need suggestion before subscribing for AppleCare

Need suggestion before subscribing for AppleCare

Hey friends, I always buy AppleCare for the desktop computer. Due to any hardware failure or any other injury which can cause the repair to the AppleCare, is difficult repair and cost of integrated displays. It means that it is an expensive machine that will last at three years. I will never go for the AppleCare on a Apple TV, iPhone or IPad. There are the costly devices and requires much cost for repairing it again. But now I had decided to go for buying the AppleCare. But here I want some advice from the genius of computer.

re: Need suggestion before subscribing for AppleCare

Hey, I always use the AppleCare for notebooks, not for the desktop computer. My reason for that is laptops get much more wear through the course of the normal use. So the hardware is more likely to fail in the duration of 3 years. It is good for the desktop, hardware fails then the replacement process is easy comparing with the laptops hardware replacement. I don’t think to add the AppleCare before the original warranty spends out.

In case of the two notebooks iBook G3 and CoreDuo MacBook, they had numerous problems, which need to repair so many times throughout the 3 years. Both the laptop dies completely within the 4-5 years. But in the desktop, they can spend so many times no need to repair it again and again. I am using Power Mac 7600 from the last 6 years but still I don’t feel that there is any hardware problem. So I will advise you that better for you to go for the buying the desktop.

Hello, i will suggest you that Apple is correct in all items, I am still buying AppleCare for the MACs and iPhone, not for the Apple TV and iPods. According to me, apple is pretty liberal about AppleCare refunds. Some of the PC companies are there in the word which provides you to sell them but they will not provide the 100% funds. Apple doesn’t care4 to the accidental damage, but still Apple is the best companies for chandelling repairs.

Hey, I bought G4 Mini from CompUSA, It was a 1.25GHz original model, but it was quite a while after Apple released the updated models. As apparently I bought it after 5 months of manufacturing. After few days I found that there is some problem with my system, I had the receipt for the warranty period. Finally, I did get it back after repairing from warranty period. After that I feel that it was better for me to buy AppleCare to extend for the next year.

Hey I am also using the AppleCare for repairing my G4 mini. After 12 months from its buying date, suddenly it stop booting. I took it to the Apple store to get repair again with the receipt that I have. But there tech said that your system is out of warranty. After reading the receipt I found that there are three ways to calculate the warranty period for any system. If it is sold directly from the Apple than purchase date is recorded to the system, and it you added the AppleCare to it, then the date will extended. Then I decided to add the AppleCare to my system. It helps a lot in case of physical or technical injuries.