Thread: Disconnection from the external monitor causes screen flicker. Need help

Disconnection from the external monitor causes screen flicker. Need help

Hey, I am using EEE PC 1000H, but it gives problem when I disconnect the external monitor. I am utilizing the outside screen with my laptop. This situation happens when the 15 moment of disconnection for the outer screen and from the capacity root. At the beginning organize of this situation, I believed that it is my creative impulse, but following few days I affirmed that it is not my creative impulse, my screen is getting glimmer truly. In any case before few days, my screen is getting clear, would not joke about this quits showing anything and this situation altered by restarting the machine. I chose to not utilize the outside screen for few days, and the situation doesn’t happen. At the same time when I chose to utilize the external display the same situation carries on. I am inching toward getting confused how to bargain with that situation. Will anybody recommend me to left this situation?

re: Disconnection from the external monitor causes screen flicker. Need help

I would like to suggest you that check the firmware version and the driver version that you are using in your system. Make sure that all the drivers which you are using on your system is up-to-date. I think that there will be some problem with your external monitor connector driver, make sure that that driver is updated with currently, if not then try to update that driver. Make check on the firmware driver also, if it is out of date then it might also cause the problem. I haven’t try to connect the external monitor to my laptop, but I am sure that there are some problem with your drivers for the external monitor.

Hey, I am also using 1000H at my home, I am causing the same problem with external monitor. This problem occurs with my laptop, when I am working with off AC. I think this is my battery fault. Whenever I unplug my laptop from the current source, after few minutes, my screen start flickering, I had decided to work when charger is connected to my laptop. At this time this problem doesn’t occurs. I will recommend you to work with your system when it is connected with the charger. Or else change the battery, there might be some problem with your laptop battery.

If you are using the external monitor connection when it is not connected with charger then I am sure that it battery fault, because when I disconnects the external monitor the I usually unplug the charger also. If this problem occurs when it is running on the battery power, than it will be the connection problem. At that time check all the connection that you are connected. If this problem continues then I will suggest you to contact with the hardware engineer to deal will this problem, he will help you to get out of this problem.

Hi, I think this is motherboard/video support related. Since you are using EEE 1000H from the last few months then I am sure that there will no problem with your battery. Try to check the video support of your system, there might be problem with your river version also, so make sure that your driver are up-to-date. And also make sure that your firmware is also updated. Driver update and firmware update can cause the same problem. If all the related drivers are updated and same problem appears again then try to make a check on your motherboard/video support.

Re: Disconnection from the external monitor causes screen flicker. Need help

I am also facing the same problem with my 901, running on windows XP. I am using EEE 901 from the last 3 months, and never face this type of problem, but when I am using external monitor, after disconnecting it is fine but when I disconnects the power cord then, after 5 minutes my screen flicker, and this is continue again and again. The only solution with that is to connect the external monitor again and press fn-f5 for the few times, and then I get the screen back. I will suggest you to do the same, if problem occurs then try to reconnect the external monitor and fix the problem by pressing the fn-f5 key.