Thread: Right click button is not working in Asus Eee PC 900

Right click button is not working in Asus Eee PC 900

Currently I bought a Asus Eee PC 900 laptop. Really I’m telling you this laptop is extremely awesome in all division. Its working performance, weight, durability etc. But one thing is disappointed me about this laptop is that right click of my laptop is not working properly. I’m using window XP in my laptop. At first I thought that it was totally dead but afterward I realize that when I press a right click harder it still worked. But not all the time, please friends give some suggestion about this problem.

Re: Right click button is not working in Asus Eee PC 900

Really this problem it seems that a common problem in Asus Eee 900. It’s starting to influence on me. So I search on internet about this problem I got some solution from the entire solution only one solution work. Driver problem, first go to under the safe mode and uninstall the mouse driver for the mouse you’re using. After that uninstalling reboot the system and then install new mouse driver. You can get this mouse driver software from internet.

Since from two weeks my right button of Asus 900 laptop is not working. So I uninstall the mouse driver and install new mouse driver. But I don’t think that you need to uninstall your old mouse driver. You can go for the updating the mouse driver. If you want this mouse driver software then you can download from internet. Don’t worry about the downloading charge because it is open source on internet. I’m sure that after updating your mouse driver you will never face this problem.

I’m really dissatisfied with the quality of buttons providing by Asus Eee PC 900. The switch itself is pretty special, so it wasn't easy to find a substitute. So I decided to give my laptop for repair but my friend suggests me that first check its hard ware error or software error. So for checking I go to mouse option and changes right click to left click, make sure that it isn’t a software issue. If it is work fine after switching right click. Then it finally decided that your button is busted and you give your laptop for repairing.

If you are facing this problem then I will suggest you that try restarting your laptop while restarting make sure that you don’t touch any button while it’s tuning on. After restarting again you got the error then you can go for repairing. But if you think that you can’t afford repairing cost then you can also buy an external mouse and hook up to your USB port. I think it will be the better option for you because if you go with external mouse then you can roughly use your mouse and your work will complete faster compare to previous one.

You are said that you are using window XP then a mouse driver is naturally installed in CONFIG.SYS or AUTOEXEC.BAT files. I think this file is get corrupted. So you can recover this software you have to just reload these files using your motherboard CD. Just reinstall that file from your motherboard driver CD. I’m sure that after this installation you will never face this kind of problem. Or still you find this problem then you can contact to Asus service center.