Thread: “Audio not connected” error after changing HDMI cable in Zino 400 HD

“Audio not connected” error after changing HDMI cable in Zino 400 HD

I purchased a Dell Inspiron Zino 400 HD last month. The Graphic card that is included it is Radeon Mobility HD 4330. I normally use HDMI cable to drive video and audio through my LCD screen. I came across a strange issue when I changed the HDMI cable. When I did that I encountered an error saying “audio not connected”. After that I altered back to the old cable but it was still displaying the same issue. Is anyone aware about such issues? If yes then please help me out.

Re: “Audio not connected” error after changing HDMI cable in Zino 400 HD

After I read your post I came to know about your issue. Very few people have encountered such issues before and it has been solved. I don’t have much knowledge about this audio problem but still I will try my level best to overcome your issue. According to me to overcome the issue you need to re-install the original Dell drivers. I think re-installation is the only solution to overcome the issue. Try this solution out and let me know about the consequences.

To solve the issue I recommend you to verify the default device for audio playback in the Control Panel-> Hardware and Sound-> Sound Panel. I think it is defaulted back to the internal sound in place of HDMI audio. If it is the case then create HDMI as the playback device by default and you will acquire the HDMI audio. Certainly, the HDMI audio frequently comes from the video card. Video card drivers, usually controls or establish a link with the audio S / PDIF on the motherboard the video card.

It is quite an interesting issue that you have posted. When you detach the HDMI cable it should not result in a problem. But apparently I also encountered such issue, at that time I switched off the system. I shutdown the PC because I unplugged USB devices few times, but after restarting everything was working fine. I am not aware about any diagnostic test that verifies HDMI interface. There are Dell hardware diagnostics that can be utilized by F12 during POST, but I don’t have any knowledge about how to check the video card. This was my suggestion that helped me out and I hope that it will surely overcome your issue.

I am very grateful to for interacting with me to overcome the issue. I performed all the steps that were specified by you but it didn’t work out. The issue remained the same as it was initially. I even tried the other solution that I knew to overcome such issues but it was of no use. It is the first time I have encountered such issues in my PC. Do you know any other solution to overcome the issue? If yes then please help me out. Is this issue related to hardware? I am disappointed with the dell products.

The issue that you have posted is complicated. I am software professional and the issue that you posted is related to hardware. I don’t have much knowledge about hardware, so solving issues related to hardware is almost impossible for me. The solution that I knew I had discussed with you but it didn’t work out in your case. If it was a software issue then I would have surely helped you. To overcome the issue I advise you to consult the hardware professional and discuss this issue with him. I can assure you that he will surely solve your issue.

Thanks a lot for all the responses and recommendation that you have given me to overcome the issue. Your suggestion helped me a lot. Previously I had discussed this issue with my colleagues but they could not help me to overcome the issue. You are the first person who supported and helped me. I also consulted a Hardware professional as suggested by you but he could not solve the issue. Do you know some other methods to solve such issues? If yes then please do the needful if possible.

This thread only touches on a similar problem i'm having... but it's a puzzler!
    I'm using my tv as my monitor at the moment because my laptop screen is cracked, i also have my speakers connected to my laptop but as of tonight, my sound will only play though the tv and not the speakers, even though when i restart i hear the power go off through the speakers...

possible culprit: i tried connecting the HDMI cable to my friend laptop to see if it would work the same as a tv.. (DOH!) that's the only thing i can think of that would have cause the error but how to solve it, i am puzzled!

Any suggestions would be graced! thanks

The reason is due to the TV tuner interface. When you connect your TV to the laptop, the software inside use the TV as an mode of output for both audio and video. You can disable that, but via your TV tuner settings. You have to check in your system. Second thing, you can directly connect the speakers to the TV to get a sound output from that. Only after that the speakers will work. You have to check your dual monitor settings for the same.