Thread: No audio output from Google TV HDMI link

No audio output from Google TV HDMI link

I have just started using the Google TV. However I have bought the Logitech device which supports Google TV. I have configured it with my HDTV using the HDMI cable. Now the problem is I am not getting any audio output on top of my HDMI output link. If i utilizing the optical output which seems very well. The Logitech support being informed me that how it is. Anybody else getting this problem? Is there any other configuration to make it correct?

Re: No audio output from Google TV HDMI link

The sound mysteriously not arrive, but nothing more to disconnect the HDMI cable the sound began to sound, so I gathered it was because the HDMI was somehow blocking the audio signal from Jack, but did not quite understand the reason because the TV was thinking to switch HDMI video source and analogue sound. So I got to look at the graph and so at first glance I only saw the SLI connectors and various connectors for power, but I never noticed in 1 pins slots on one side, 2 pin, so I thought that there could receive the audio from my sound card and sent forth by the HDMI.

Despite the launch in trumpeted Google TV, the truth is that Google has not much interest in extending its platform by different manufacturers. Today there are still a few devices that support TV platform of Mountain View. The high price certainly does not help, and many consumers still perceive the invention too complicated compared to the set-top box cable or traditional television. It is too early to certify the death of the system. Android should be remembered that also had a slow start and just need to see it now. The only thing that seems certain is that we are still far from seeing a majority of connected TV platform, is that many people still squeaks so you have to connect the idiot box to the router from your computer.

However, the question remains in the room, whether the target group, i.e. TV sets without an Internet connection and some functions, not extinct in the foreseeable future. Additional speakers like the Logitech revue would be obsolete very soon. But even if there was no time for a detailed Logitech Revue test, one can say one thing now: I thought at this time much more sense to hang a Extrabox as the revue to a TV with the best possible picture quality, as slowly on the to leave expanding range of TVs with smart features. In many cases this is both cheaper than the higher-quality alternative.

You are not getting audio output for the reason that you can only configured the Video output but you didn’t look through the Audio output there. As far as I know that Logitech Revue has 2 HDMI ports in that one is HDMI out and the other one is HDMI IN. These are only capable to transmit HD video signal. They don’t transmit audio. There is 2 separate ports for Audio in Logitech Revue which you need to configure separately with your HDTV. For that I think that you will need special cable.

The two HDMI ports are intended to provide a possibly existing Cablebox chaining through the review, it is possible to watch TV and surf via Cablebox next to it or to use other Google Apps TV. A big advantage compared to the Logitech Revue Google TV Sony LCD TVs is that you can remotely control other devices with the Revue. Logitech has to own the Harmony Technology built into the box. After the box was set up and plugged in goes to the setup. A clear dialog asks all the important parameters such as wireless access and other equipment (for remote control) from. So If you get any issue you will get it know about it there.