Thread: How to make system recovery on EEE PC 1000HA?

How to make system recovery on EEE PC 1000HA?

Hey hi friends, I am using EEE PC 1000HA from the last few months. Up till now it is working fine, but there is need of system recovery, but I don’t have any idea how to do system recovery without using the DVD for that. I am using windows XP currently on my system. I want system recovery for some reason on my system. Can anyone help me for system recovery? I had called on the ASUS support for the same reason but I was not able to do the recovery as they told me because at that time I was not getting them, so can you please give me proper construction how to do this?

Re: How to make system recovery on EEE PC 1000HA?

Hi, if you are trying to restore your system then I will suggest you to take the help of F9 key. This function key will help you in the recovery process. Actually there are two ways for the recovery
    Using restore DVD
    Using restore partition
    There are some steps for the system recovery using the F9 key. Press the F9 key during the boot startup, then it will cause the EEE to run in the recovery mode. It will give the warning that all the data will be lost during the recovery process. Them the recovery process will get started and it will take 5 minutes to end. These steps will help you to get back to the factory setting, when you don’t have the access to the external DVD drives.

The F9 key is made to help you to get back to the factory setting, means to the XP operating system. If you want to create the image copy C partition then it will help you a lot. If you are using window7 as your operating system then at that time you have options as image of D: partition, an image to a DVD, or an image to a network drive. Since the D drive is on the same hard drive then this option will cause to the data loss, I will suggest you to take help of the DVD disc or any removable media drive. You can make an image copy of your system file for the backup of your data files in your system.

Hey I am also using EEE PC 1000HA from the last months. It is very easy to use as per you requirements. I have done the system recovery process using the DVD disc. First I had decided to make system recovery on D drive, but then I came to know that it will cause the data loss. So I decided to use the DVD disc for this. I take help of F9 function key for that, it helps a lot in the recovery process. To start the recovery process, press the F9 key. It will cause your system to run in the recovery mode.

Recovery helps your system to get back in the original state. For the recovery process, I will suggest you to take help of the USB drive for the backup of your data. First step in the recovery process is to disable the Boot Booster. It is the BIOS program which helps your computer to get rebooted quickly. You can also use the F2 key for changing the priority of the boot device. Press the F10 key to save and quite from the boot menu. And then start the recovery process. It will take approximate 10 to 15 minutes to complete the recovery process.

Hey, you can also take the help of EEE PC support DVD. This is made only for the recovery process in the EEE PC. To recover your system from the EEE PC support DVD, insert it to your notebook and then restart it. And then follow the online instruction for the recovery process. Using the bootable USB drive you can also complete the recovery process. In case if your recovery Disc get corrupted then at that time you can take the help of the bootable USB drive.