Thread: unable to detect 2TB HDD by the Marvell 88SE9128

unable to detect 2TB HDD by the Marvell 88SE9128

i have purchase the Ga-P55a-UD6 and a Ga-P67A-UD7-B3 one year ago. Its working fine till last month. I have purchased the new Marvell 88SE9128 SATA controllers and installed it on my system. But I can’t detect the hard disk on my system. The actual problem is when I try to plug the Seagate 2TB hdd to my Marvell 88SE9128 SATA controllers which is installed on my motherboard then it will neither identify or communicate with the HDD. But when I am try this on other non Marvell SATA controllers then its work fine. I cant understand the problem. I am the user of Windows 7 ultimate edition. I try that in both IDE and AHCI mode. But nothing work for me. I discovered that Ga-P55a-UD6 is work fine but the Ga-P67A-UD7-B3 cant communicate. Can anyone help me out to solve your problem ?please help e out.

Re: unable to detect 2TB HDD by the Marvell 88SE9128

According to my consideration this is widely found problem in the Gigabyte users. After reading your problem I come to know that the problem is related to hardware only. Here I want to give some advice that can be helpful to you. This problem may occurs due to faulty setting in the BIOS. So you should check out the setting in the BIOS of the ESATA. If there is any fault then try to correct that manually. This can help to solve your problem. i hope this can be helpful to you. Thank you.

Sometimes this problem may have some connectivity reasons. I give you suggestion to check out the cable connections on your system. There are so many faults may occurs due to damaged cables only. And also check that with the Seagate. You can also try to check out the details about the latest firmware which is compatible with your system. By using this tricks you can solve your problem. I think this will give you some better experience to solve your problem.

As per your description I come to know that you have hardware problem only. I conclude that the main problem is the Marvell chips and nothing else. I have the solution for this. You can try to update the firmware or you can also update drivers also. The Ga-P67A-UD7-B3 is a newish board but the another one means 2TB hdd's is the very old one. So I can recommend you that to replace the hardware. I think this can sort your problem. I hope that this will give you better idea to solve the problem. Thank you.

I am also agree with that the firmware actually older one and the Marvell driver needs has to be updated if you want the better performance from them. But then also the of 2TB HDD should give some support to the firmware because it has that much of capacity to deal with the new technology. I don’t think there is another option available to solve this problem rather than update or replacement. If anyone has it then you can try that. But the first preference should be given to the update only. I think with this much of information you can solve your problem. I hope so.

I can give you the information about how can you update your system with the help of web or other sources. You can get the update to solve your problem on the Barracuda[‘s authenticated site. From there you can download the update files to your system. For that you should give the confirm information about that to that web page. The latest update you can try is the Green Firmware update which is the best for your system as I know. You can try other than that also. In this way you get the required firmware to solve your problem. I hope this can help you solve your problem.

I think the problem is actually related with the Marvell 88SE9128 SATA controllers and nothing else. As you mentioned that you purchased that device recently so you can have the warrantee on that. So keep try to replace the hardware you bought. This is the best solution you ever had. If you don’t have the warrantee then also you can try to check out the device on another system. I think this can be helpful to you to solve your problem. Thank you.