Thread: Difference between OCZ and SandForce

Difference between OCZ and SandForce

The RMA department appears to be first class. After sending a 120 GB V1 for the second time in two months, the bill shows the state that sent me a 120 GB V3 as a replacement. If that's true, I'll have this album and give it a sporting chance as well. At least they have one month to the RMA products like most manufacturers. I think the longest I've waited is 2 months. Time will tell if I can buy another new album though. I'm going to put this disc on my team I think you can take the most abuse. That should change my point of view once and for all!

Re: Difference between OCZ and SandForce

The driver was not recalled, which could be referring to the failure with the reference design PCB SandForce sent to members. Corsair and other partners using the reference design had to replace the SSD using the failed PCB. Interestingly, OCZ was not affected by this because it uses a custom PCB instead of the reference design. Technically, this is not right either. You are correct that the drivers have not been recalled. However, the subject matter was in the manufacturing level and was a component failure, not a design flaw. I cannot speak any other manufacturer.

That certainly helped other manufacturers to eliminate some of the same errors due to the large number of units purchased / sold. SandForce is definitely going to help those who spend more money / and provide more information first. In my humble opinion SandForce made through the hottest part of fire and almost a class action as a result of forced beta testing.

All manufacturers that used in the production were / are hung on the skirts million. Any user of these companies have done the same and anyone who says otherwise or rest on their laurals / ethics have never had so much money sitting in front of them to really know the appeal should have. As politics is very easy to sit and judge but not as much as you are forced to play the game or be voted out. Unfortunately, that's nasty part of capitalism and human nature.

In my opinion this album is as disappointing. I was happier than a pig in shit that sent me a replacement for my v3 v1. There was an error sending FedEx and delivered it to another building. After more than a week on the phone with FedEx, finally spoke with his driver and delivers it to the wrong building. They told me that construction was, and it was like 3 blocks from mine. I tried to flash the latest firmware before 2.11 of config / install and use all the junk trial and error he has learned from the first round with the other.

Those "some people" are usually those who refuse to insure clear / clean install (which is needed as a worst case) or not have the correct OROM and / or drivers. HECI driver has been shown to cause problems as well and can be uninstalled or removed with some new SATA controllers. 2.11 are only one side of firmware solution for some of the issues. Many of the problems at stake than most know. t be good SandForce got along so easily, even with today's problems while using other drivers but that is SandForce from day one.

My two vertices are working without fault, so I'll just leave it. I was a little hesitant to go to OCZ again after I had to use a machine not to update my agility AHCI 120GB SSD. I was disappointed when all my equipment was configured as AHCI and actually had to pull an unused motherboard out just to update. Of course, I realized that is easy to switch between IDE and AHCI on Windows.