Thread: Boot failure due to SATA connection

Boot failure due to SATA connection

I having dell desktop at home. And it working nicely but after that two month I have experience the boot failure many times but at the time of the conclusion it just because of the poor connection of the Sata connection. First time I failed due to poor connection of HDD and after some days I failed just because of the DVD writer not working properly. And then I feel that problem is just because of the poor connection system

Re: Boot failure due to SATA connection

Now a days we know Sata connection everywhere, in my previous system there is 4 IDE connector for CD,DVD, and hard disk, but now we see the SATA connection in motherboard. but sometimes I experience the failure in booting due to sata connection. Sometimes Hard disk loose the connection with motherboard so that I will failed in booting so silicon jelly is used on sata connectors.

According to me due use of SATA connector is better than previous IDE connectors but when we start the using SATA connector there is only chip at one side to fix with the connector so when system run the temperature is also increases so that due to high temperature the SATA connector loose the contact so after some research started using silicon jelly on the connector.

I think the above conclusion is correct, after observation of the sata connector they come on conclusion to use silicon jelly. First I was unaware about this because I don’t know the exact use and application use of the silicon jelly. Then+ after research I think that solid silver inserted at one side will be better option. But I never had seen any one connections of SATA.

According to me the instrument to use a touch of link in all plugs socket internal one but it is expensive and computer manufacturer use it often No.i have several laptop, although lately. Yes it is very difficult. Often used a dab of glue from hot glue to seal the IDE connector in place and a couple of drops on either of side larger graphics cards I think he stopped to change in transit. The beauty of the tail of the hot glue gun is that it could only be turned off if you want to remove the card or plug.

Thank you all for your comments.
    The ingenuity seems that the problem is well recognized, as evidenced by the availability of the coupling cables were unknown to me, but has not generated the publicity one might expect. I hope you run out of problems, Colin. Now we see the use of the silicon jelly everywhere.
    And I get the use of the silicon jelly:-
    • Silicon jelly is electrical insulator.
    • Silicon is used for to maintained the temperatures of the
    • Silicon jelly is water resistant.
    • It is usable as a solid and liquid.