Thread: Will SSD Drive improves Gaming performance

Will SSD Drive improves Gaming performance

I am interested in buying SSD (Solid State Drive). I am new to it. I don’t know actually what the difference in Normal SATA HDD and SSD is. I am right now using SATA HDD. Is it faster than normal HDD. I like to play pc games very much. Many of the people who have SSD in there system say that it will decreases windows boot time. So my question is that can it improve the game performance when playing it. And other question I am having is that do I need to install the game in SSD to get best performance.

Re: Will SSD Drive improves Gaming performance

SSD is better than the normal HDD. And also it performs well. More Faster than that of the normal HDD. While playing the game one of the main aspect is disk I/O. if the interaction with processor is faster than the game performance automatically increases. One of the biggest plus point of SSD hard drive is that it does faster I/O operations. So if we use SSD for gaming it is good since I/O operations are faster. I will suggest you to buy the SSD for gaming.

As per my view point SSD are more costly than the normal HDD. So cost per MB is more. Also we get less GB as compare to the normal HDD. You can install the OS and other system files in it. And game files can be placed in the other HDD. If you do this your OS performs well. But the game performance doesn’t affects. It is still what before you applied. So you must install the game in the SSD to get good performance. take the smaller in size SSD which will be less expensive. And install the game on it. It performs better.

I have two SSD Drive in my system. In one my OS is installed. And in other one I have installed some games. I got most benefit with the SSD while playing ARMA II. As I know ARMA II does lots of loading terrain and texture form the hard drive itself? So due to SSD I/O interaction increased therefore the direct impact is on the game performance all the textures now loads perfectly. And frame rate is also ok while high battle actions. I have also other games on it. SSD helps the games to load quickly which is good for me. There are games like mass effect where loading is done in-between after some intervals. For such a games SSD is good one.

The SSD drives are really good for improving the performance of the system. Due to it I got real performance improvement. I can’t even notice that the virus scan is going on while I am playing. You can notice best performance in First person shooters. There is no lag while playing the game. All textures loads quickly while you are playing the game. But SSD drive doesn’t increases the maximum fps of game. It will be depends on the graphics card. It will be helpful for playing mmo also. If you want improved performance while playing the game then SSD will be good choice for you.

I am using normal HDD for gaming. I am not in the field of the professional but. As per my information many of the game loads its required graphics once. After the loading in game play not much loading is done. But in case of some games it’s different. Some of the games I know which are fallout 3 and oblivion. In this game there is large world which we can see. There are very less loading in between. This is rarely noticeable. When we move from one area to other very less amount of loading will be done by the game. Sometimes we will see some glitch textures in it which is due to those textures are not loaded correctly. but with help of SSD that problem will be solved.