Thread: Need firewire on computer

Need firewire on computer

Hey friends, I am using the Sony digital 8 for taking the pictures and recording the movie, because it provide very good picture quality. But I want to edit the videos and images taken by my Sony handycam, which is not connecting with my computer. Every time when I go for connecting the handycam to my computer by it not get connected every time, computer search for the software to recognize the handycam, but at last error comes to not recognized hardware. Should I go for buying the firewire cards for transferring the data between computer and handycam?

Re: Need firewire on computer

Handycam camera comes with the removable memory card, so you can remove it and by using any card reader connect with your computer to transfer the images and videos. If you don’t know how to remove the SD card from the handycam, then you should go to buy the firewire cards to connect your Sony digital 8 with your computer. Using the firewire you can easily transfer the videos very fast.

To add firewire card to your pc, your motherboard should contain PCI slot. When you will start the computer it will automatically detects the software for the firewire card but it your OS is old which doesn’t contain the configuration for the firewire card then you will need to install the drivers from the CD, or you will need to download the divers from the internet. After installing the driver you can easily connect your handycam and transfer videos very easily.

Is there any woodchip's USB adapter in your Sony handycam, because many of the handycam contains the woodchip's USB adapter, so it is very easy to connect with the computer using those adapter, but if your handycam doesn’t contain that woodchip's USB adapter, then you will need firewire to transfer the videos and images to your computer. To connect the firewire card to your computer, your motherboard should have the PCI slot. Installment of card is very easy, and the system will automatically detect the driver for that particular firewire.