Thread: Is it possible to convert HP Photosmart C5180 USB Printer to Wireless

Is it possible to convert HP Photosmart C5180 USB Printer to Wireless

I've got a really interesting problem. I have bought a HP Photo smart C5180 USB Printer and then I connect it to my laptop using the USB cable connection. It works well without giving any kind of problem. Now I want to do some changes on this connection. Can anybody please guide Me If There are technique to Setup my USB Wired Printer into Wireless. It helps me to print some pages using the wireless connectivity. Thanks for any help.

re: Is it possible to convert HP Photosmart C5180 USB Printer to Wireless

All HP wireless printers can also be connected straight to laptop with a USB cable. If the printer you buy has the wireless capability then this conversion is to be possible. For doing this task you need functioning wireless network that includes a wireless router. This wireless router helps to establish the connection between this wireless device and the printer. Also you need to collect some information related to this network such as its name, password If you are using either WEP or WEP Encryption. It provides the protection to your network. This information helps to you for doing this task.

If you knowledge about this then you need to just do the following task to perform this conversion. First you need to detach the printer's USB cable and then open printer Network menu on control panel. The Wireless Setup Wizard indicates a number of wireless networks in region. Select your wireless network's name from the list. The name is existing in list if this network connects with the laptop on wireless basis. Finally continue to Software preparation task. This GUI based task help you to convert the USB Printer to Wireless.

If you get a print server, you basically just enable it to be a device on your network via its MAC address. It is a computer or device that is connected to one or more printers and to client computers over a wireless as well as wired network. Then use such type of facility if your printer contains this capability. This is the best way that helps to avoid such kind of complicated problem on the wireless network.

I have already done as you have suggested. This works really well without giving any kind of complicated problem on this network. It is associated to the network wirelessly but the hp solution centre on my laptop mentions it is disconnected. I don’t know why this happen but I think the HP center will not able to detect the wireless printer. Hence I did the driver update task on it and suddenly it works and the problem is solved.

Re: Is it possible to convert HP Photosmart C5180 USB Printer to Wireless

If the printer should not contain such kind of facility or the features then there is no way to perform this conversion task. It works most of the time when the printer contains the inbuilt capability to do this task. There is several other printers also present on the market that help to provide this wireless capability. You need to buy such type of printer and then try to access the printer in this wireless network environment.