Thread: ONKYO TX-SR304: Can my rear and front channels be on my front speakers

ONKYO TX-SR304: Can my rear and front channels be on my front speakers

I don’t have rear speakers. I have an ONKYO TX-SR304 receiver with Left, Right and Center Speaker. My Central channel is using Dolby 5.1 but sometimes I miss out on some audio because I do not have rear speakers. Is there is any way that I can here the sounds coming on rear and front channels both on just the front speakers? Please tell if there is any.

Re: ONKYO TX-SR304: Can my rear and front channels be on my front speakers

There may be an option to disable rear speakers in receivers set up menu or there may be an option to mention that you do not have rear speakers. If it is there, disable the rear speakers and then you can hear all the sounds. Else you can buy some cheapest rear speakers to listen to those sounds more effectively.

No matter how the rear speakers are seated, provided it is calibrated correctly. For me, 3.1 will sound much stranger than any day 5.1. But that's just me. It will be somewhere around the speaker distances, or the area the speaker levels menu. Since the TX-SR304 does not have the Audyssey automatic calibration and room correction built, it would take an SPL meter to calibrate the speakers. They are about $ 45 at Radio Shack.

Here you only have to add something after looking after a little here and the site of many other forums. I'll look around the menu is a little better to see if I can turn off the rear. I'll give you a setting 3.1 as I heard. My setup is caddy cornered in the living room sofa and I have two different running against two walls in each. Speaker Surround probably just sound strange.