Thread: Question regarding a pair of RX300-S1

Question regarding a pair of RX300-S1

I have some questions in my mind that I am mentioning here that is I have recently purchased a new life for a pair of RX300-S1. And the questions are mentioned below:
    • Are there any drivers for administration capacities of these machines (RX300-S1) suitable for OpenSuSE 11.3 (portion 2.6.34.7-0.5-xen SMP)?
    • Yet in the event that I had drivers, is it true that it is even feasible to control the fan speeds on this machine?
    • Presently in the HTML interface from RSB I am able to see just RSB's particular temperature and nothing about fans or alternate qualities. Is this ordinary?
    • Is there any way to control the 2120 RAID from the OS?

Please help me in solving the problem. Thanking all in advanced for helping me and giving me the suggestions.

Re: Question regarding a pair of RX300-S1

I would like to give the answers for the question that you have mentioned above:
    • NO desktop-style OSes are discharged / upheld for Primergy server frameworks. You'll spot SuSE Linux Enterprise Server and RedHat Enterprise Linux on the record of underpinned OSes for RX300.
    • Speed control for fans of the system is integrated into the management controller (BMC) firmware, and therefore they are not easy to adjust. The manufacturer decided in fan speed necessary for safe operation. And then the RX systems are designed to be installed in racks in computer rooms, not next to the desks.
    • What else do you look for? I attempted to identify the RSB manual on Fujitsu's pages, but did not succeed, it’s as likely as not too old, and so I cannot give a connection. Did you get any contemporary CD/DVD sets with the machines? There you would be able to potentially identify this manual.

I think that you might as well for sure see something greater than simply the RSB information. However as you composed in your first post, the RSBs make a point not to appear to work effectively. Possibly they try not to bring up contact legitimately with the prevailing slat's BMC as the occasion that furnishes the information. The fundamental expectation of RSB/BMC/iRMC is obviously to have the ability to work without OS underpin. They ought to have the ability to manage while the host framework is powered off, and if a devoted outside capacity supply is fitted to the RSB, yet when the host framework is not joined to mains capacity (bringing about truly few alternatives, obviously).

The "most fit" course to regarding this quite relies on the fittings abilities that you have. I.e. PCI transport speed, what you see as situations as of now, what you are maintaining a specific end goal, which is to attain, and so forth. The Adaptec card you stated needs a good to go 5 volt or 3.3 volt, PCI 2.2complaint PCI opening, which yields 64-cycle 66MHz speeds. Since your Mainboard has PCI-X capacity you could regard an additional card. As you have stated RAID 1, you will have an indistinguishable head at 2X the cost/GB. RAID 5 could furnish repetition at 1.5X cost/GB while being more unreasonable upfront.

To start with establish the RAID controller with no gadgets joined and booted into Windows to introduce the drivers for it. I softened the mirror up Windows then after that shutdown the server and evacuated the 2940 SCSI card and associated the drives to the brand new RAID controller. When I walked out on it found the drives but stamped them as legacy shows. It could then express that no Operating System was found. I attempted to do an in-place update too but the same time as the Windows 2000 setup it might not recognize an OS instituted either.

I imagine that for this you could utilize Ghost, Acronis True Image or a different that you could have or you would be able to utilize a HD mfg's unhindered utilities additionally to perform this. The utilities you could need are those that backing the "spare" drive that you have a desire to compose the picture to. I.e. Seagate spare drive other then the Seagate plate utilities. As you stated, you cannot utilize the tape drive auxiliary on this server you could likewise attempt instating it to an additional machine and auxiliary the server over the LAN.

Once you possess your OS & information secure, unite the server HD's to the 2120 controller, taking after the Adaptec directions, run the Card BIOS on boot up to design the exhibit. You will presumably need to reformat the drives around the same time as this design, you should be lucky in the event that you don't. Since drives are reformatted and are part of the show arrangement is successful. You are able to now restore the picture to the newfangled exhibit. The greater parts of the mainstream HD mfg’s have their utilities good to go on their post as a bootable ISO representation. Do get these to begin with, before beginning this update over. In the event that you’re spare drive and your assault drives are of special mfg's, get utilities for both.