Thread: Cannot use new 640gb HDD in ESPRIMO Mobile V5535

Cannot use new 640gb HDD in ESPRIMO Mobile V5535

I am having the ESPRIMO Mobile V5535 and recently bought the new samsung spinpoint m7e 640gb hdd and trying to install the Windows XP SP2 in that and I am doing this by scratch and copying xp image from previous hdd through the acronis but the problem is that the Windows XP is not booting. I think that it is because I am using the drive of higher space. Is there anyone who have tried with the hard drive of 500 GB or above with this? Please help me.

Re: Cannot use new 640gb HDD in ESPRIMO Mobile V5535

I would like to tell you that it is having support for only 250 GB of hard drive and if you are using more than that then you are definitely going to face the problems like this. I am using the same model and know that it cannot support hard drive of more than 250 GB and so I am not thinking to even give it a try. So please forget that it is going to work with ESPRIMO Mobile V5535. I hope you understand that why you are getting this problem.

What you can do is, just go to the BIOS and then check whether the drive is visible there or not. If it is not visible there then you cannot use that with this as it clearly indicate that it is not supported with the V5535. But if you want to verify this then just contact to the manufacturer and ask them if you can use more than 250 GB or not? They will let you know clearly that whether it can be used or not. This is the best thing that you can do.

If you really want to use more memory than available on your ESPRIMO Mobile V5535 and you are not able to use that with it then the best way is to use some portable hard drive of the memory that you want to use. It is available in many of the brands, you can go with whichever you like the most and use that. I am also using one 500 GB of portable hard drive to keep movies and other private stuffs that I don’t want somebody else to access.

It might be the problem of compatibility. I mean that the hard drive that you are trying to use with that is not compatible with the system and that is the reason that it is not getting detected. So make sure that the hard drive that you are trying to use is supported by the ESPRIMO Mobile V5535 and then try to connect that with it. It can be taken as one of the most possible reasons for this issue. Thank you.

If the operating system (Windows XP) that you have installed on that is faulty then you might get the problems like this. So my suggestion to you is to do the installation of the windows XP again and this time use a fresh copy of the setup to avoid the problem of installation. In many of the similar cases reinstalling the operating system works and so I hope that it will do the same for you.

There may be no power supply in the hard disk. Check for that and if that is the case, then you can try using another similar cable connector and the BIOS. And related to this solution just want to tell that at least once to give it a try this solution if the power is not the hard drive will solve the problem and the system detects the hard drive and you will be able to install the operating system you want.