Thread: How to recovered from *.Ptl extension file in Segate Free GoFlex ?

How to recovered from *.Ptl extension file in Segate Free GoFlex ?

I purchase new Seagate Free Go Flex. Its having 500 gb memory bought for store,backup and encrypt the data. There is different version of Go Flex according to requirement. When I start to back up on my c: drive of windows xp.then I have seen some small changes most of the PDF file now ends with “PDF.ptl”on the Go Flex and I unable to this.i don’t know what happened inside but I can’t open that file can anyone know the reason behind this if yes then please reply me

Re: How to recovered from *.Ptl extension file in Segate Free GoFlex ?

I had facing same problem as you bought 1tb of Seagate Free Goflex then. During usage, I realized most of the file from hard disk is now become converted into *.ptl. mostly my Pdf file also become converted into pdf.ptl format and it can’t open .it is important file so I tried many trick but only one is successful will show you how can you restore old pdf file.for that open adobe acrobat reader then resave the file you want in .pdf format is that way you can removed .ptl extension.

Actually I don’t have Goflex so that I never experience such type of problem personally ,but I heard that most of the files from segate GoFlex is converted into .Ptl format mostly it will affect to format.exe ,.jpeg,.zip,.obj and it will converted into .exe.ptl,zip.ptl,obj.ptl , I read in article that >ptl means “path too long “. This file were directly root of the windows so that this file were sort of buried in deep folder structure but still I could not find any technique

I am appreciate your help and response .actually I thought these .ptl file were duplicates but now I realized that the original files are affected themselves and its converted into a .ptl files.actullay I don’t want information about ptl file. I just want my files back so that I used the technique of adobe reader but what should I did for the media file. how can recovered that file. I am having 100 of media file, they even not change its name but also type to .ptl so rename method can’t be achieved.

If you want to restore file from .ptl try this,
    Copy the xxxxx.mp3.ptl file to your internal drive then just right click on the file and change file name by clicking rename file. Then remove .ptl extension so you will be getting xxxxx.mp3 file and then enter then windows will ask you “are you sure you want to change it” then don’t get confuse and click yes And double click the file to open. But sometime your mp3 file will itself name as .mp3 but when you play it will not open it means it has change his type to PTL format then you can just recovered all file from this just using cmd command techniques.
    Open CMD
    Code:
    D:
    CD "\PDFfiles"
    DIR *.PTL
    REN *.PTL *.
    Then type exit to come out from this