Thread: Unknown partition on Asus Eee PC 900HA

Unknown partition on Asus Eee PC 900HA

Well i am having Asus Eee PC 900HA from past couple of months. Recently i have created new partition on the laptop by using Gparted. I have noticed that there was an unknown partition on the hard disk. The total size of the partition is of 40MB. I wanted to remove that particular unknown partition from the systme of mine. But i am threaten that it might cause an issue after deleting. Let me know if you are having any specultion to fix the matter of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unknown partition on Asus Eee PC 900HA

Looking at the issue whihc you have mentioned over here i wanted to know which operating system do you have installed on the computer? Tell me about the hardware configuration of the computer? Do you have done any changes on the system? Is there any antivirus which you have installed on the computer? Let me know if you are having any useful information which will help me to figure out the root cause of the problme.

I think this particular partition will be an EFI. Well EFI is stands for Extensible Firmware Interface. It is used to provide an interface between the operating system and the platform firmware. This particular interface is used to define the data tables which is containing information associated boot service calls and runtime service calls which is required for the operating system and loader. It will provide a standard environment for the booting of the operating systems as well as preboot application.

If you wanted to detete the EFI partition then you need to use the following instruction.
    • You should launch the command prompt on the computer of yours and then you should type diskpart.
    • Now enter list disk. It will show all the disk which are connected with the computer.
    • You should select the disk and select the partition.
    • Finally you should run delete partition override.

So try the same and let me know whether it is useful to you or not.

In this particular situation you need to have recovery CD to remove the partition from the computer of yours. I let you know that you will not be able to run the same by using Gparted/sda2. If you are getting an issue while removing the partition than I recommend that you should simply contact the technical support team to get the further assistance. I am hoping that they will help you out on this particular matter.