Thread: How can we use old ATA hard disk as Slave To an SATA hard disk?

How can we use old ATA hard disk as Slave To an SATA hard disk?

I have one old ATA hard disk .Now my pc has SATA master connection. I just want to look up the old from Old ATA hard disk but problem is that how can i connect my old ATA hard disk with new SATA hard disk my CD and floppy having IDE connection but I don’t think there is any attachment to hard disk so please If you know anything about hardware and connection of this then please forward me solution

Re: How can we use old ATA hard disk as Slave To an SATA hard disk?

Hello ,I have ATA hard disk of my old PC. I used this for back up and storing data,I used it whenever I wanted. My pc connection type is also same as you so you just follow my techniques. Just insert ATA hard Disk in your pc cabinet. attached with CD-Rom cable or either master or slave it doesn’t creat any difference but check it power connection cable attached to it. Then start the pc and by pressing Del go to bios and set boot from SATA by selecting name of SATA hard disk or remove ATA hard disk from Booting order. And don’t forget to change jumper setting.

In older pc,2 IDE connectors is present but new motherboard having one or even none.if you have at least one IDE connector then you can joint ATA Hard disk. And joint Molex connector to provides power to ATA hard disk. Then change setting of jumper, set the jumper to 7,8 pin of SATA hard disk by setting this we called it as a primary hard disk because you can boot from this. And removed all jumper from ATA because it removed from boot list and working as slave and for just storing data

I followed above techniques but in My motherboard there is only one IDE connector so that I have to remove connection of CD-ROM and joint with ATA Hard disk but whenever I boot my pc ,it will show “hard disk Hard disc drive controller failure" what this mean when I search on internet then I understood that my pc doesn’t recognized newly installed hard disk and came to know that I my system cannot support large drive and I have to update PCI controller card