Thread: Want to swap my gaming desktop, need help!

Want to swap my gaming desktop, need help!

hey, this is first time I am attempting to swap my gaming desktop. I love gaming. My budget is around 1k~1.1k Canadian including tax. Actually, I am not big fan of swapping the desktop, because I don’t have the much knowledge about newest and greatest hardware of the desktop. So I want some suggestion to optimize my gaming desktop.I also want the suggestion about the DVD and USB devices. I am comparing the price of the parts, here is the list:-
    • Motherboard: Rampage II Extreme x58 ---$240
    • CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K Processor, 3.40GHz w/ 8MB Cache ---$334.99
    • Memory: Corsair 8GB DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel Kit (2 x 4GB) --- $89.99
    • Hard drive: Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200.12 SATA III w/ 32MB Cache -$54.99
    • GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD Super Clocked 1280MB---- $349.99

I want suggestion that would it good for my gaming desktop?

Re: Want to swap my gaming desktop, need help!

Your choice to swap your gaming desktop is good. I would suggest you to not buy Intel Core i7 processor. You should buy Intel Core i5 processor. By going with the core i5 processor you can save some cash. Intel Core i5 is also too good for the gaming purpose. It will provide you good processing speed and also help you to save cash. And your idea for buying the PSU of 650W is ok, but I will suggest you to buy a PSU with the power of 750-850W, it will provide good power supply to your system to perform faster.

Motherboard: Rampage II Extreme x58 will not compatible with the Intel Core i7.I will suggest you to buy other motherboard. If you had decided to use the same motherboard then you have to change your choice for the processor. If you are going to change your choice for the Intel Core i7 processor then you can save some money, and put the saved money into some DDR3-1600.DDR3-1600 will help your system to perform faster .it will give power to your system to run with the processors speed.

Your given hardware configuration is good; it will help you to enjoy your gaming desktop. I will say to not go for the PSU which have 650W power only. Using this PSU your system will work properly but after some time you will need to increase your PSU power, it should be of 750-800W.since your desktop configuration is high, it will require more Watts to perform good. You can go for the Intel Corei3,i5 also. There is no need to go for the Intel Core i7,it will help you to save some money. Invest your saved money to increase PSU power .Intel Core i3,i5 is also have more execution power these processors are good for the gaming purpose.