Thread: how can we done partial backup in WD hard disk?

how can we done partial backup in WD hard disk?

I am having wd(western digital) external hard disk .This is WD My Book Essentials version, I specially purchase this hard disk for storing and for taking backup of my laptop and pc.it is having 1.5 tb memory. Data from external hard disk is successfully transferred but problem is crated at the time of partial backup. Application did not show any symbol or notification if any file were not back up successfully. When I tried to partial update then it shows disk is full but my hard disk is totally empty, I need my file, data successfully transferred, if anyone having any solution forward me.

Re: how can we done partial backup in WD hard disk?

I have the exact same problem, I recently purchase new wd hard disk and when I tried for backup then same “disk full “error will pop-up.to overcome this problem I search on internet and visit many sites and read articles and discuss with technical engineer and I got the proper solution and it works. So I will show you how to overcome this problem First uninstall WD smartware application from system and remove temp file and restart the system and check some application installed on your pc or not. Like latest version of Adobe Flash Player and Microsoft .Net Framework (version 3.5 SP1) if this two application in your pc then reinstall WD smartware if not then just update adobe player or download newer version and update .net framework. This work with me I am sure you got a proper solution.

Hello, I know this problem and I am familiar with this. We used Smartware application to accessing external WD hard disk. But sometimes smart ware application will not show complete resources. This can be happened only when older version of application is running. Sometime it will not shows gold triangle which denoted as some data are left to copy’s . if you wanted to be work properly then check updates of smartware and good news is WD launch his new version of smartware you can download from western digit. You will get new application and your will not loose any back up but this work only with xp.

if you are using windows 7 then solution is same as above just uninstalled application from system and check appropriate software and then reinstall software, sometimes it will create problem it takes some time to load and install but it will successfully installed in your pc it takes time to retrieve the file but many times it failed to retrieved some files but if you update your application then you will complete services of application and your data is also secure