Thread: Custom Build pc for work and gaming

Custom Build pc for work and gaming

I've been going back and forth between buying a desktop and a notebook XPS 9100 and xps X7200 and then I said to myself why not try to build a desktop to save some money. I work in a design field, so I have something to find a balance for work and play games of chance is, I'm also looking for longevity and upgradability.

1. What is your financial plan?
    2. Are there any brands / distributors who have a preference or do not actually like?
    3. What tasks will be complete with the desktop?
    4. Will you be playing in it, if so, which games?
    5. Do you intellect buying parts online without seeing it in person?
    6. What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista), Mac OS X, Linux, etc.
    7. How much hard drive space it takes?
    8. What size desktop that you like? (All in one, compact, large)
    9. Does the case need to be fashionable?
    10. What resolution screen running on? One or two screens?
    11. Do I need any special hardware? (Ports, HDD slots, double DVD, etc)
    12. How would you rate your technical skills?
    13. Have you ever built a desktop before?
    14. Do you necessitate wireless?
    15. When will you be building this?
    16. Have you consideration about a desktop pre-built? Or even a notebook?
    17. Are you leaving to over clock?

Re: Custom Build pc for work and gaming

With video and photo editing and rendering, the choice is a bit difficult. The nuclei of an additional 6-core x58-based system can make it faster than new sand bridge chips, but at the cost of isolating older platform. The other advantage of X58 is a system that usually has 6 + slots for RAM, while all current systems have only four Sandy Bridge. I think you asked too much information. And I’m glad to answer your queries.

That said, I still think that a system of total Sandy Bridge would be better for you. You could kit with a i7-2600K and 16 GB of RAM. The hard part is choosing a video card .Quadra cards are 10 times faster or slower than their main professional work, but cost much more that can be stuck with an older card in your budget. I begin to investigate if I were you (the FireGL cards are speedy, but I have not seen DX11 versions, at least not at Newegg website.

I feel there is enough power in this version for the money, but I guess that would be due to the Quadr0 4000. You can change that by 2000, if you think you require the power to put about $ 300.Also, you can download the RAM up to 8 GB - $ 100 if you will not be multi-task too. I’m investigating the Quadro card game against the discussion boards, which seems to be the question on everyone to get a new computer. What would change in the configuration had to replace it with a gaming card?(From my current research it seems that people choose the card games with the painting by the Direct X vs. OpenGL thing)

Well I have been informed that a little more, I'm obsessed with this now. I would like to link the wish list, but I changed Newegg has not updated its list of wishes of the public yesterday. Once up I'll edit the message. I have a couple of concerns.
    1. If you buy the bit OEM Windows 7 64. I worry that I have some programs that it was for XP 32-bit will not work. I guess if push comes to shove I can dual boot with XP? Would it be a waste of money to get Windows 7, the 32-bit and 64-bit?
    2. I worry about the heat should be investing in a heat sink aftermarket? Or should I buy an extra fan, then offered the tower? Should I buy Arctic-5 thermal compound?

That is all the questions I have for now. I'm really excited to start buying things and little nervous too! Thank you for your continued support.

1. OEM Windows is no different from the Windows end user, except for licensing. OEM is tied to a single PC, which means motherboard model. The "full" version of Windows may be transferred to another PC. The work identically with both 32-bit software, as they are the same exact system. Yes, it would be a waste of money to get the two versions of Windows, as you have both versions. the same license that works for both 32 bits and 64 bits. Most would have to do is download the installation files (yes, you can legally do so) and install the 32 bits.
    2. If you are going to overclock at all you should certainly go with a heatsink aftermarket. Arctic Silver is good, but not a requirement . any high quality thermal paste will do, and many new sinks come with a phase change material pre-applied thermal can in point of fact be improved than most of the thermal paste. Adding another box fan rarely hurts, as long as you put it to work effectively with another case fan (s). High power of the GPU and CPU, multiple case fans are a must.

Well, the board includes a four-pin connection as above and the other is a relationship in connection with four cylinders, so I put one hand in which he said the president and the other to the source food.I'm assuming this is what killed the mother that I am ashamed to admit it. However, the board is lit is simply not responding or produce any error codes. I hope this information is sufficient for you. Do let me know if you required any further doubt.