Thread: what to do with my old hard drive after new build?

what to do with my old hard drive after new build?

my computer is working fine, from the day I bought a new Hard Drive. Until now I had not checked my BIOS setting also. But now I want to make more partitions, for the backup. My Hard Drive has the capacity of 320GB. It have only one drive (local drive C), there is always risk for the data lost. That’s why I want to make more partitions. So for that reason, is there any need for the partition the Hard Disk? Can I make a recovery partition?

Re: what to do with my old hard drive after new build?

How u wants to use your Hard Drive, it depends upon you. If you want to keep your things separate than make a new partition. Making a new partition will help you, in case of OS fails. it will provide you to backup your files. OS files are there in the C Drive, in case of OS fails, there will be backup for you, in other drive .Partitioning the hard drive will help in recovery of data, security of data, it will avoid duplication of the data, and it will also help the system to understand that which is the system files.

If you want to partition your Hard Drive, than you can do this .its depends upon you. it will defiantly help you to backup your files. But I will suggest you to make a external backup for your important files. It will help you only in the case if the external backup is fully copy of your original files. Good thing will be to make CDs of your important data. In case of your system falls down, than at that time CDs will help you to restore your data.

In case , if your system fails, and there is need of setup the window again ,then at that time your partition will help you a lot. The files which are there in the other partition, will work as the backup. At that time if your files are there in the C Drive then it will be lost, if system fails or any system files get corrupted by any virus or by sudden power lost, since the system files are there, so at that time your decision to make partition for the backup of the data will be good.