Thread: Toshiba R60 drives does not gets detected in the BIOS

Toshiba R60 drives does not gets detected in the BIOS

I don’t know what is the problem with the R60 drives. Well the problem is that my motherboard does not detects the drives at all. so that’s what the biggest problem is. Do you know in order to detect the drives I have to restart my system more than 3 times and then finally it gets detected. So that’s what the problem is. Well I have visited other forums as well and I have seen people facing a lot with the R60 drives and also I am having the Gigabyte motherboard. Can you suggest me some solutions for the same. I am waiting for the necessary answer from you all. so do reply accordingly over here, I am waiting for the response from you.

re: Toshiba R60 drives does not gets detected in the BIOS

Actually the problem has been noticed a lot with the Intel chipsets. So that’s what the thing and if you are using the Intel chipset then make sure that you check whether the AHCI is enabled in the BIOS. Also check if you have updated with the latest drivers for the chipsets. So do as what I have said here and I am sure that you will be able to work on it. so that’s what I am saying here. Do have a good look on the suggestion and lets hope that it works for you.

Thanks for the necessary information that you gave here. well what I am saying is that you correctly said that I am using the Intel Chipset of the motherboard and as far as the AHCI is concerned, I use the controller in RAID Mode. So that’s what it is. As far as the latest Intel drivers (IRST) is concerned that you have mentioned in your response what I think is that there is no connection between the reality that the BIOS doesn't see the drive and the chipset drivers just because we are talking about the boot and not the OS. You have not highlighted my problem it seems actually I have clearly mentioned that once it boots up it does not give me any problem at all. also one more point that I forgot to mention over here is that I had a an selection called "HDD delay" in my BIOS that I thought will work but I tried to put this at 5 seconds and also delayed for some time but nothing happened.

Looking at your response I must say that I can partially agree with you. Now if you look for this problem in the other forums you can see that a little have solved it by just using AHCI, however I must agree that AHCI could not be an choice in RAID mode. Still if you have a good look at the latest Intel Mass storage driver it has solved many of the problems similar to yours. Why don’t you try and use the option of using the different controller for your motherboard. Take that as an option as well.

See if nothing of the sort is helping you in this case then I would advise you to check with the replacing of the drives and I am sure that it will be a better option for you in this case. So do as what I have said here. Well take this as your last option and then only go ahead with the point that I have made here, so that’s what I want to say here. Replace it with the new drive, there can be a possibility that the new drive has been corrupted and hence this problem. So that completely ok.

Re: Toshiba R60 drives does not gets detected in the BIOS

Ok thanks for the said solution. I will rework to the said solution that you have given here. Appreciate the efforts that you have put in to solve the issue. I will definitely get tried with the new one that you have mentioned here. if nothing of the sort happens for me then I will surely go ahead and replace the driver as soon as possible. So that’s what I plan to do and hence that’s what I am saying here. anyways do keep me updated if you all come up with the new solutions.