Thread: Unable to connect the Sansa fuze to the USB interface in my 2010 Prius

Unable to connect the Sansa fuze to the USB interface in my 2010 Prius

I actually endeavored to join the Fuze to the USB interface in my 2010 Prius. I am not equipped to peruse any records in the Fuze on the auto screen following occupying the Aux enter and selecting USB. Any individual have any comparative issue? When the Fuze is joined to the Prius USB include it obviously actually capacities the Fuze. The Prius reports “no records are good to go". Kindly assist me in tackling the situation and thanking all in propelled for making me and giving me the proposals.

Re: Unable to connect the Sansa fuze to the USB interface in my 2010 Prius

I think that it’s likely the Device is in "Auto detect" USB mode. On the PC the files are transferred in MTP mode. When it’s connected to the Prius, it only supports MSC mode, hence no files. The solution is to erase all the files. You can do that by Formatting. Then set the USB mode to "MSC” and transfer the content in that mode. Then when you connect to the Prius all the files will be there. OK, Wikipedia has a piece on MTP, MSC, and so on. Do you think Apple utilizes MTP??? As per Wikipedia, MTP is "part of the 'Windows Media' framework"... I could think they'd keep away from utilizing a Windows based order.

I would rather not revive an old string, but figured preferable to tag onto this one then begin an alternate one. I've been attempting to get our Fuze's (we have a few of them) to associate to our Gen III Toyota Prius with nav. The Fuze is not distinguished whatsoever on the USB interface. The USB tab on the auto's LCD screen remains grayed out no matter what I attempt to do. Both of our Fuze's have been in MSC mode from Day One on the grounds that we utilize Linux at home and I studied (from this discussion!) that I had to update the setting. It could be fabulous to get the Fuze finishing up the USB port. I'd adoration to get notification from someone who's been equipped to do it. When I connect my Sansa to a PC it appears to update into an information transmission mode as a substitute for being 'simply a music player'. The screen express, "Connected", then it states "Writing", then it backtracks to "Connected" and this is where it stays. The four-shaded Sansa symbol goes thru its liveliness and the electric storage device energizing symbol comes.

I jabbed around in the settings but didn't see anything to update. Perhaps there's an offbeat Sansa link that might be utilized? I in addition attempted to get the Fuze to take on the "aux" port, but that didn't work either. I took the auto to the dealership. We wound up attempting 3 offbeat mechanisms (Fuze and several Apples), 3 USB links, and 3 diverse sound links. The Service Mgr's Apple finalized the USB interface, but the alternate Apple didn't. Our Fuze worked once-with the Service Mgr's sound link, but not the alternate a few. I might see no divergence amidst our sound link and his. He expressed the Prim are exceptionally unstable regarding the sound links. He inferred getting a non specific Apple-good sound link, being as how that would be what his is.

Fix supervisor is a nitwit. The Apple link is NOT perfect with the Fuze. The capacity and information live out better binds and you would be able to exceptionally effectively FRY the Fuze with an Apple link. You require a Sansa link (Fuze and E200 both utilize the same link). The Charging conduct is precisely what it’s supposed to do when connected to a USB depending on if it’s constructing an information union. When it does, the workstation peruses the documents on the Fuze and plays them over on the machine, not through the headphone jack. What about actually running a fitting-to-fitting link from the headphone out into AUX in. That could be the simplest key.

I imagine that you should root out if the Prius stereo is MTP or MSC. It should be recorded some place by the auto team. Miniplugs to miniplug links are as standard as it gets. An "Apple-perfect" headphone fitting is the same as any possible headphone attachment, just more costly. "Just more unmanageable" I got that right. We don't possess any Apple items. Mr. Occupations has not put his spell on me. So MTP or MSC is a normal methodology? The leading time I review becoming aware of either term was on this gathering following we'd purchased our first Fuze. I unequivocally collected it was something that it was a Sansa thing. I've been jabbing around on the PriusChat Forum-perhaps someone knows over there. I'll be back provided that I resolve anything.

The documents are transferred in MTP mode. When it’s associated to the Prius, it just underpins MSC mode." I'm sad; whatever it is that the notice is stating is lost on me. What documents are transferred in MTP? And then is it accurate to say that you are stating the Prius just upholds MSC, or your player? BTW, I messaged Toyota Customer Support and required from them the specifics. I'll fill you in as to whether I get anything helpful from them. As Saratoga declared, MSC is a USB drive organized to FAT. Toyota plainly sent you a cut-and-glue and filled in the name Fuze--they likely don't recognize what a Fuze is. It could be that the Prius could not handle subfolders. Ordinarily the Fuze stuffs every last trace of the mp3s into Music. Attempt taking a few collections out and putting them in the root catalog (whatever the drive letter is). But also if that doesn't work, take some mp3s out of collection organizers and attempt that. It's worth the trial.