Thread: Corsair AX1200 sounds louder

Corsair AX1200 sounds louder

I newly redesigned from a corsair hx850 to ax1200. Part of my exploration into a unique PSU included how boisterous the PSU was. As per your diagrams my ax1200 might as well have around the same if not quieter sound levels than my hx850. This is not the case. Whenever I turned my pc on it was observable straight off that this PSU is louder. I have a water cooled pc with fans at 600rpm and so it is exceptionally effortless to recognize the departure in commotion this PSU makes. Please help me in solving the problem. Thanking all in advanced for helping me and giving me the suggestions.

Re: Corsair AX1200 sounds louder

The noisy beep caught the same time as close down is a warning from the motion picture card that it is unpowered. Ordinarily on close down, the film card will have a modest postpone elucidating the misfortune of capacity from different origins, for example the capacity it gets past the PCI-Express space and the capacity it overcomes the capacity supply connector(s). It is not extraordinary for one root to close down a part of a second when the alternate unpaid to fittings difference, and it should not mischief your film card, capacity supply, or motherboard. In this case, that deferral is lacking to oblige the crevice betwixt the misfortunes of capacity from those several unattached origins. If you don't mind check to verify the fan isn’t hitting anything. In the event that there's a wire or a piece of paper staying in past the fan flame broil, it’s conceivable the fan is hitting it and making uproar. In the event that should not, you could have a grave capacity supply.

I put in for a RMA but reached the retailer I acquired from as an alternate. I furnished a proportional payback and got a discount. I then purchased the ax1200 again from a unexpected put. This brand new PSU fan unquestionably appears a spot quieter, but the weak piercing sound is still being emitted. The same one I depicted with my first ax1200 that sounds such as the shrill sound emitted by old CRT TV’s. I’m not positive what is creating it might be the fan. Moreover this PSU makes uproar for about 20 moments when the pc is shutdown. My first louder ax1200 did not do this.

This is a normal situation with modest capacitors that are utilized in the assembling course of action of this exact capacity supply. In addition, the curls are not shielded fittingly to dispose of this pestering sound, the inspections available could give this unit elevated checks, but the truth of the matter still in place that the maker might have utilized preferred segments to raised this item. I possess a large number of Corsair units, but I won’t be buying this unit dependent upon user inspections of the clamor that is kept company with this specific capacity supply.

I feel that you might as well swap the FAN I surmise that this is without a doubt plausible to swap the fan, but this could void the warranty with the unit. In the event that you such as we could probably attempt reinstating it yet again for you. You could likewise would like to test the unit in a contrasting framework if conceivable, actually to verify that the tumult accompanies the PSU and is not brought about by the PSU responding to some different part in the framework. I put in for a RMA but reached the retailer I acquired from as an alternate. I gave back where its due and got a discount. I then purchased the ax1200 again from a distinctive put.

BigRigDriver, what is this dependent upon? What is the origin for this info? The AX progression is our lead PSU and I recognize it farfetched that a 80 Plus Gold PSU would be able to attain that rating assuming that it were utilizing disgraceful capacitors. There are a considerable number of explanations that a PSU could buzz or whine, and it could probably be brought about by the PSU itself, nonetheless it would be able to moreover be initiated by a considerable number of different components, so displacing the PSU makes a point not to unfailingly purpose the situation.

I have bantered with regardless several individuals who following supplanting the PSU different times and still having situations at long last unplugged every last trace of the alternate units from the circuit in their home (which the PSU was connected to) and got the buzzing to vanish. For one, there was a light with a dimmer switch which was bringing on the situation, and for the different it was an icebox. Heightened proficiency PSUs will usually be more delicate to the incoming capacity from the divider outlet, and some units or even actually old wiring in a home, can have an impact the capacity being conveyed to the PSU.