Thread: Goflex won’t connect with time machine.

Goflex won’t connect with time machine.

I have set up Go Flex Home over Extreme network. It was to be able to format it into mac and pc . But whenever I click on the Mac, it opens Utility and doesn't find the Go Flex disk there, even they are seen on my Finder sidebar as shared disks. After applying the firmware update and Time Machine saw the Go Flex,. The problem is that when I selected "Go Flex Home Backup" and clicked "Use for Backup, “ and it shows me that Time Machine can't access the backup disk "Go Flex Home Backup.? It will be glad if anyone helps to me?

Re: Goflex won’t connect with time machine.

The basic problem arises which has been used for communicating with time machine in 10.7 and it is affect all non-Apple network storage devices which has been used to be compatible with Time Machine To solve this problem please update the drivers of an Seagate. And the operating system upgrade is also important to connect. I think updating the drivers will benefit you lot .so please let me know if you have any further query.

The Ethernet cable which has been connected to your router and to the Ethernet port on Go flex Home. Connect the supplied power adapter to a power outlet and to the power port on Go Flex Home. Dock the drive into the base, and then press the power button. the connectors have to be align on the bottom of the drive. press down on the drive until it clicks into place.. Wait for the lights on the front of Go Flex Home to stop blinking. This may take a couple of minutes. If the Go Flex Home light is not solid green, wait about two minutes to make sure that Go Flex Home has had a chance to fully start up; if it’s blinking amber.

Go Flex Home is a plug and play device. However, in certain situations, the setup process may require extra attention. Below is a list of troubleshooting tips to assist you should you have any problems during setup. Then to be Ensure that the supplied power adapter is securely connected to Go Flex Home and to power source. If you are using a power strip, make sure it is turned on. Check that one end of your network cable is securely connected to the Ethernet port on Go Flex Home and the other end is connected to a functioning port on your network Router. If the network cable is securely connected and the light is amber, the network cable or the Ethernet port may not be functioning properly. To test this, connect the network cable to a Different port on your router. If there is still no connection, try a different Ethernet cable. Make sure your router is turned on. Ensure that your router gives out IP addresses to computers on your network (DHCP) and that DHCP is enabled on your router. DHCP is usually enabled on home networks. If it is not, you will have trouble connecting to Go Flex Home. If you need assistance enabling DHCP on your router, see your router documentation. Ensure that your home network isn’t down or disabled, and that your Internet service isn’t disrupted.

If you have go flex software then installed the Go Flex Home software on your computer , then it has to be check that your home network is working properly and that the Go Flex Home Device is properly connected and powered on. If other computers are successfully connected to Go Flex Home, you may have exceeded the Number of computers allowed. Go Flex Home includes licenses for five computers. To add Another computer, you must either delete an existing user account (which disconnects their computer) or upgrade to unlimited user accounts by subscribing to Seagate Share Pro.