Thread: Free Agent GoFlex 2TB responding slow on Mac

Free Agent GoFlex 2TB responding slow on Mac

I am using Macbook pro and i have recently bought Free Agent Goflex 2TB hard drive and now I am facing some problems with my hard dive. Many times I connect my hard drive with my laptop at that time my laptop wont detect my hard drive and after that I have to reconnect it again and again then it will recognize my har drive which very frustrating for me. Whenever I try to open by using the finder at that time it crashes and then I have to restart my laptop. Some times when I connect it with my laptop at that time it does not show any folder in my hard drive. Please tell what I should do to fix this issue.

Re: Free Agent GoFlex 2TB responding slow on Mac

Are you facing this problem with your Free Agent Goflex 2TB hard drive only or you are facing this problem with other hard drive also. If you are facing this problem with other hard drive also then I think there might be something wrong with your Macbook and you need to find the solution for your laptop and If you are not facing this problem with other hard drive then I think your Free Agent GoFlex 2TB hard drive is having some issues.

Did you try to solve this issue by using different USB cable with your Free Agent GoFlex 2TB hard drive, if you have not tried this yet then I will suggest you to first connect you r Free Agent GoFlex 2TB hard drive with different data cable and after that you have to check that whether you are getting the same problem or not. if you are getting the same problem then I think there might be something wrong with your Free Agent GoFlex 2TB hard drive and if you don’t get the same problem then I think there might be something wrong with your USB data cable.

According to me you should try to solve this issue by downloading Seagate Storage Driver from internet and after that install it in your system. Now after installing these drivers your hard drive will work properly with your laptop. you can find the Seagate Storage Driver on the internet easily. Some times because of the drivers issue also this type of problem can take place and that is why I am suggesting you this solution.

I have downloaded the Seagate Storage Driver from internet and after installing that driver when I tried to connect that with my laptop at that time also I get the same problem. Now after trying that trick I have also tried to connect my hard drive with different laptop and computer and I get the same problem with other machines also. I think there might be something wrong with my hard drive. Is there any way to fix this issue?

As you have said that you are facing the same issue with your Free Agent GoFlex 2TB hard drive even after installing the drivers and you have also tried all the possible tricks then I think there might be something wrong with your hard drive and I think you need to contact the Seagate support and after that you have to ask for the solution regarding your Free Agent GoFlex 2TB hard drive problem and after that they will give you the proper solution.

After going through your suggestion I have given my hard drive to the Seagate support and after that they have checked my hard drive. After checking my hard drive they found it my Free Agent GoFlex 2TB hard drive was faulty and they have said me that either my hard drive will get repaired or I will be getting new replacement. Thank you so much for giving me that suggestion.