Thread: Cannot to see GoFlex Desk 3tb content in TV

Cannot to see GoFlex Desk 3tb content in TV

Before some days I have bought Goflex Desk 3tb hard drive and I have transferred lots of movies and music videos in my hard drive. Now after that when I connect my hard drive with my LG LED TV at that time my TV does not show content from my hard drive. I have tried to solve this problem by reconnecting my hard drive again and again but after doing that also my TV is still not able to show the content from my hard drive. Please help me to solve this issue.

Re: Cannot to see GoFlex Desk 3tb content in TV

First of all I will suggest you to check whether you are able to show your hard drive content in any other TV or not. if you are able to see hard drive content in any other TV then I think there might be something wrong with your TV and if you are not able to see the contents from your hard drive in any other TV also then I think there is something wrong with your hard drive. Check your hard drive with your computer or laptop and after that check whether it is showing all the contents properly or not?

I think the problem is coming because your Goflex Desk 3tb hard drive has advanced format and your TV is not able to recognize this. In your Goflex Desk 3tb hard drive it has 4KB(4096 bytes) sectors and normally our old drive has 512 bytes sectors. I will suggest you to first confirm that your Tv supports the hard drive with 4KB sectors. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

According to me you should first try to connect your hard drive with your TV by using different USB cable and after that check whether you are able to see the contents form your hard drive or not. if you are able to see the contents from your hard drive with different USB cable then I think there might be something wrong with your USB data cable and I think you need to change your USB data cable. If you need any more help regarding this then let me know.

Try to solve this issue by transferring your hard drive content in to your laptop or hard disk and after that you have to format your hard drive completely. Now after formatting your hard drive you have to transfer all the content again in your hard drive. Now after transferring your data again your hard drive you have to connect your hard drive with the TV and then check whether problem gets solved or not . I think after doing that your problem will get solved.

I have tried to connect my Goflex Desk 3tb hard drive with the help of the different data cable and after doing that also I am not able to see the contents of my hard drive in my TV and after that I have connect my hard drive with different TV and at that time it shows the content properly . it means there is nothing wrong with my hard drive and USB cable but I have to fix the issue with my TV. Please give me solution regarding this. Any help will be appreciated.

Well I would like to tell you that you have to first take the backup of all your hard drive data in any computer or laptop and after that you have to format your Goflex Desk 3tb hard drive. Now after you have to make sure that you use the FAT 32 file system for your hard drive because I think your TV might not recognize the NTFS file system. Try this solution and let me know what the result is.