Thread: Goflex Firewire 800 module extremely hot

Goflex Firewire 800 module extremely hot

I acquired a Firewire 800 module for my Goflex this evening, and when about 2 moments of utilization, the module warms up to the focus where it’s uncomfortable to touch—is this ordinary? It appears similar to this will harm the head following broadened utilize! Please help me in solving the problem. Thanking all in advanced for helping me and giving me the suggestions.

Re: Goflex Firewire 800 module extremely hot

I imagine that this is not looking well but I hold this precise same issue. I've had this for a couple of months now and it’s been similar to this in light of the fact that day one. There isn't any right to gain entrance issues, and whatnot, but it runs astoundingly blazing. I don't think this is a disconnected issue. Would you be able to please transfer an entire pack of information over and over again through this connector, for the purpose that it needs to work for similar to a hour give or take ceaselessly? In the event that it is still quite smoking, I could prescribe displacing it. I believe that this will unmistakably alternate the documents from the apparatus.

I was likewise having the same situation here. I have acquired FireWire 800 (STAE102 / PN: 9ZH9P3-RA1 / SN: NA170G2A) yesterday. At rest mode temperature of connector is about 45-50 Celsius; at "standard work" temperature can range 60-65 degrees of Celsius. Is it typical or connector should be swapped. Notwithstanding I feel that Brand newfangled 1TB Goflex with the Firewire interface. The connector gets blatantly smoking even with no information transferring. I had the plate uncounted but still connected to today, and it was uncomfortably smoking to the touch

I hold the same high temperature situation with the firewire800 link and my 1TB Goflex Free Agent drive. In addition with the Firewire 800 link the drive continues disengaging at the same time as auxiliaries but I try not to have the same situations with the USB 2 reciprocity. Instituted every last trace of the last Seagate drivers but still had situations. Recognized the same situation was can't help being covered the cooperative gathering so logged a backing call with Seagate Technical underpin who answered prescribing me to utilize the official Seagate 800 firewire cable (which I had at present told them I was utilizing) and shut the backing call. All tries to re-open the backing call have been overlooked.

I am additionally having this warming situation. I actually got this drive yesterday and it appeared to work fine over the Firewire 800 interface and after that fell flat while I was attempting to utilize it as a Time Machine reinforcement following moving down 3 or 4 gigs. Is the Firewire controller overheating? I could not venture to utilize this roll over USB resulting from the fact that my PowerBooks doesn't prod enough capacity out of USB, but its fine for Firewire.

I got a unique Goflex 1T and utilized the Mac Utile to organize / run the drive. I bought a Firewire 800 eSata connector to accomplish most towering plausible transfer speeds and dodge USB. It basically worked fine around the same time as first organize and duplicates and so on my work iMac Firewire 800 port. Be that as it may now, what may I connect it to, the lights glimmer quite briskly, and try not to stay on. The drive tries not to mount. Circle Utility sees the head as joined but cannot mount. Modifying to the standard USB connector permits the drive to mount / capacity ordinarily. Seagate utility declares drive is fine.

Most living breathing souls who said their situations with the eSata link pointed to the 1TB drive. I have a 500 GB expert model and it works fine joined via my laptops powered eSata port utilizing Seagate eSata link. It is possible that the more vast drive is more main stream or these situations show just in it. Is it true that it is feasible that the eSata link makes a point not to furnish enough capacity for the stout 1 TB model? Are there any individual encountering eSata situations with littler drives?