Thread: GoFlex Desk not recognized longer time

GoFlex Desk not recognized longer time

I use Win7 Professional 64 bit system and it was connected to the GoFlex Desk hard drive. The GoFlex hard drive has been not respond in any way when connected to my Windows 7 computer system. I have even restored my system setting but nothing will be happen to solve this problem. The original installation of the GoFlex will be done into this system but the problem will be arriving onto it. Thanks in advance to anyone with any ideas.

Re: GoFlex Desk not recognized longer time

Go into your Bios and select the controller functions, so if you are on AHCi set it to IDE or vice versa, and enable any USB functions that are turned off. It will signify the O/S isn't set up for AHCI and you will either have to hack the registry or simply give up on it. You change in the bios as you will probably want to set it back again and then see the performance of this system. I hope this will be work and it will be solve the problem.

I've got the same problem and cannot get any help from Seagate. I looked in Device Manager again and I was always looking under Disk Drives. the USB has an unknown device with an "!" and then I decided to do the USB driver update task on it. Hence I use the online update policy and then follow the process to do this task. After finishing this task, successfully, I try to check the problem and in the result, the problem is being solved from the system.

You need to just Go into your BIOS and make sure that USB boot is not enabled. If this is not enabled then you need to do this enable. Also you need to try connecting the hard drive to a different USB port. This will be work sometime and in the result, the solution might be work. Hence check this solution in your system and see what happen onto it. This will be work on this windows as well as Mac OS. Then use it and solve problem.

The new 3TB Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk that approach with a USB 2.0 adapter is fully compatible with both Windows and Mac computers. There will be no compatibility problem present on this system. Then you need to just check the driver of the system. This will be work and in the result it helps to solve the problem. The other way is to be just do the driver update of the USB. It will be help and in the result, the HDD is connected to the system.

Does a disk cleanup on your C drive. This is to be done using the C Cleaner software. This is best and it should clean Windows memory of your hard drive. then check the problem by plug in it and use another port to plug to. This alternative port changing policy will be work sometime and in the result, you can able to solve this hard disk connectivity problem of the system. Then use this and solve the problem of the system.