Thread: GoFlex Desk 2T USB disconnect and then reconnects

GoFlex Desk 2T USB disconnect and then reconnects

I have recently bought the SEAGATE FreeAgent GoFlex Home 2TB STAM2000200. Then i did the installation on the Seagate Dashboard and tried to use the device. Now it frequently drops ready for a few seconds and then reconnects. I need special solution that will be helping me to solve this problem. If anyone have knowledge about it then please share your own opinion. Thanks for any kind of help or suggestion.

Re: GoFlex Desk 2T USB disconnect and then reconnects

If you are working on windows system, you can easily solve this problem using the Chkdsk command. To resolve this difficulty firs open Start menu and then hit command prompt option of the system. Then type the Chkdsk /R X: Command on the SEAGATE disk drive and then press ENTER. Next step is to be press Y at the checking of disk that the system restarts. Close all applications, and restart the computer. Windows checks the disk for errors. After doing this task, try to do the backup process using the proper way. I hope it will be work and it solves your problem.

I think problem arrives in your system and the reason behind is to be the drive work on the sleep mode. You need to try using the Seagate Manager to disable sleep mode on the drive. This sleep mode will be do such kind of task on this system. This is the best solution and it will be help to solve this disconnect and reconnect problem of the drive. Then use this and it really work to solve the problem.

My Seagate GoFlex FreeAgent 1Tb is killing me. I can acquire games to play just fine, but a few seconds in, the disk drive goes to sleep mode. Then I decided to disable the sleep mode. Hece I use the Seagate Manager to do this disable sleep mode. Hence, I did the task using the manual of the Seagate manager and it will be help to solve this problem. This is work and now the drive work without any problem on this system.

I think this is the BIOS problem. You need to enter into the BIOS and then opne the setting of the BIOS and as per the setting present on this BIOS it will be solve the problem of this system. This is the best and the manual of the system will be providing the information to properly set the BIOS setting. This is really work and it will be solving the problem. Then do this task and see what happen in this system.

Changing USB speed in cmos settings will also work to solve this problem. The other way is to be doing the reset BIOS task on this system. This is the best and after reset the BIOS, just check the problem is present or not. If you still not faced any kind of problem then you need to just contact the expert person of the official site. It works and I think the expert will guide you to solve the problem. You can also use the troubleshooting section of the manual.