Thread: How to install Memeo Instant Backup Program on Seagate GoFlex FreeAgent

How to install Memeo Instant Backup Program on Seagate GoFlex FreeAgent

I just purchased a Seagate 1TB FreeAgent GoFlex Ultra portable hard drive. I have unable to successfully install Memeo Instant Backup program on this hard drive. When I try to do this installation task, Windows Installer pop-up appears saying "System Administrator has set policies to prevent this installation". I try several times to do this task but it will not work. Please suggest me some solution to do this task. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to install Memeo Instant Backup Program on Seagate GoFlex FreeAgent

Make sure you installed the correct version of this program. This is necessary in this installation process. Also you need to check that the hard drive was connected during the installation. Sometimes, we try to perform the installation process and that time, the hard drive is disconnected. Then we think that the problem is in the installation. If the same thing happen in your case, then you need to check this and then try to connect the drive. Then see what happen in this installation process.

I think you have not installed the driver of this drive. You need to check the drivers are installed on this system or not. I think some driver missing in this system. Then you need to update your disk drive. It could be possible that the problem is to be solved and in the result, you can be able to perform the installation process. Then do this update driver task on the system. It might be help you to solve the problem.

To solve this issue you need to properly connect the drive to the system. Then you need to right click on the Memeo icon in the system tray, and select Quit. Then reboot your computer system. The installation procedure has "Instant Backup" as the default setting. You need to use this and it will be help to you for doing this installation on this drive. The manual of this drive also provide the information to do this Memeo Instant Backup Program installation process.

Memeo Instant Backup is not needed when using your new GoFlex FreeAgent drive. This program provides the luxury of backing up files automatically without you doing any work. You need to re-install the programs from their original install media. This will be work and in the result the program will be installing on the drive. You can set a backup plan to protect your entire computer using this program.

Seagate provides the Instant Backup as free bundled software with the GoFlex and GoFlex Desk drives. You need to use this software. It’s really helpful to you to do this task. Then use this software and install the program on this drive. It helps you to automatically backup the data present on your system. The optional upgrade to Memeo Premium Backup program will also help to solve this problem. Then do this and see what happen.

If you still not able to do this installation process in your system, then you need to take care of several things on your system. Then first Turn off Windows Firewall, Malware protection and Antivirus software present on the system. This kind of software prevents the installation process. Then you need to right click on SeagateDasboardSetup.exe file. This file presents on the CD and choose "install as Administrator" option. It helps to install the program using administrator right. Then do this task and follow the installation process.