Thread: How to record by using Audacity and multiple USB MICS?

How to record by using Audacity and multiple USB MICS?

I have installed Audacity on the computer of mine. Well I wanted to know how can I connect multiple USB Mic on the MAC based computer. Well I have searched on the Google to get the requirement of mine but there was nothing which I can use to fix the matter of yours. any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to record by using Audacity and multiple USB MICS?

In order to get the requirement of yours wanted to know which operating system do you have installed? Let me know about the hardware configuration of the computer of yours. which version of Audacity do you have installed on the computer? Let me know if you are having any other information to get the requirement of mine. Let me know the answers of the above mentioned questions as early as possible.

Well looking at the requirement of yours I let you know that Audacity is having an ability to handle one sound device at a single time. If you are suppose to put the same through the hub then each and every mic has to be negotiate with the computer so that it will be able to send as well as receive sound. In that particular situation USB hub is used to manage all the negotiation. There should be synchronization cable which is connected with the Microphone through the common clock signal.

Well in this particular situation I recommend that you should get M-Audio Delta 44. This particular device will used to mix high level of four analog signal and it will push the same through the single digital signal pathway. Also this particular device can be use with Audacity which you have installed on the computer. you have to amplify the each and every microphone 1000 times of the sound level so that it can work with the device which I have mentioned over here.

As far as I know the software which you have installed that is Audacity is having an ability to handle to 16 different channel at a time however the condition is provided that all those channels are supplied with the single device. Also Audacity is can access only one device driver at the single time of the recording. Also I would like to let you know that Audacity is not utilizing the ASIO and hence it need to use the WDM drivers.

I am suggesting following solution which you should try to fix the matter of yours.
    • You have to connect all the mics at the USB ports of the computer of yours.
    • You have to launch the Audacity as you have plugged the mics with the computer of yours.
    • Now set each and every mic to the Audacity window.
    • After doing the same you have to begin with the recording process.

So try the solution which I have mentioned over here and I am hoping that it would be useful to fix the matter of yours.