Thread: Out of 2 mics only 1 mic works when recording from audacity on Imac and another one with Macbook Pro

Out of 2 mics only 1 mic works when recording from audacity on Imac and another one with Macbook Pro

currently I am having couple of external mics and I have noticed that one of the sound card drivers is working with Imac and another one is working with Macbook. I let you know that the mic are operated through battery. Let me know if you are experiencing the similar problem like me. Any help to fix the matter of mine would be highly appreciated. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Out of 2 mics only 1 mic works when recording from audacity on Imac and another one with Macbook Pro

Well in order to figure oit the root cause of the problem I wanted to know to some more details. What Microphone brand do you using? Tell me about the model number of the devices. What kind of connection do you using while recording by using the Mic? Let me know which operating system do you have installed on the computer? which version of Audacity do you have installed? have installed all the necessary drivers on the computer of yours. answer the above mentioned questions as early as possible.

Re: Out of 2 mics only 1 mic works when recording from audacity on Imac and another one with Macbook Pro

As far as I know Mac is not having support for the XLR input at all. I think you are no using anything like amplifier. Signal which are received by Mac is expected in volt. If you are using connector which is having labeled with two black arrow and circle then I let you know that connector is having an ability to handle the analog stereo Line-In and the S/PDIF optical digital. Unfortunately both of the input are not having support for the MIC level at all.

I let you know that you will not be able to adapt any balanced audio signal to the audio signal which is unbalanced into the connection of Mac. However you can get the same by fudge by making some clever cross wiring by making use of the Audio cable. Also you will be able to fudge Line In and Line out through the Mac electronics. So try the fudge which I have mentioned over here and I am hoping that it would be useful to get the requirement of yours.

Well I am highly suspecting that there is an issue with the drivers which you have installed on the computer. I recommend that you should visit the official website of the sound card manufacturer and download and install the latest version of the sound card drivers on the computer of yours. once you have installed the same on the computer of yours I recommend that you should restart the computer of yours.

I think there is an issue with the Audacity which you have installed on the computer of yours. I recommend that you should install the latest version of Audacity on the computer. you can get the latest version of the Audacity from the official website of the developer of the software. You should download and install the same on the computer of yours. after installing the same you should restart the computer and see whether you have noticed any difference into situation.