Thread: While using Wd Live Plus the hard drive gets locked and asking for password

While using Wd Live Plus the hard drive gets locked and asking for password

I have never set any password in my WD hard drive and my hard drive was working fine. I use to play my videos from my WD hard drive by connecting it with the Wd Live Plus. Before some days I was watching move in my Wd Live Plus by connecting it with the WD hard drive and after that when I pause the movie for some time and after that when i tried to resume that from that time it is asking me for the password.

Re: While using Wd Live Plus the hard drive gets locked and asking for password

As you have mentioned in your post that you have never set any password in your WD hard drive and you are getting this problem suddenly then I will suggest you to first check your hard drive by connecting it with any other player or laptop or computer and after that you have to check that whether you are getting the same problem with that device also or not. if you are not getting this problem with any other device then I think there might be something wrong with your Wd Live Plus.

I don’t agree with the above post According to me it is your hard drive which got the some issues and I think you need to first contact the WD technical support and after that you have ask about your problem and after that they will give you proper solution about this. Because if your hard drive is not working with any other device then it means your hard drive is locked and in this case you will not able to format the drive also. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

I have one solution to fix this issue. When you open the user manual of your western digital drive at that time you will see that there is option to use the unlock utility in your hard drive. This unlock utility will allow you to erase your hard drive after attempting the wrong password 5 times. In this case you will lose your all the files but your hard drive will get start working. Hope fully this trick will fix your issue.

If you have deleted the SmartWare application from your hard drive then you will not able to use the unlock utility. In my case there was similar problem occurred and I have deleted the SmartWare application from my WD hard drive and after that I tried so many solution to fix this issue but I didn’t get any proper solution and after that I gave my hard drive to the WD technical support and they have fixed this issue. I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

When I bought this hard drive after that I have formatted this hard drive twice a time and I think that SmartWare application is gone when I formatted the hard drive. Now please tell me is there any other way to get rid of this problem then please help me. is this the case of that I got the bad drive because without setting any password also I am facing this problem which sounds very odd. Please reply me as soon as possible.

You can download the WD SmartWare by clicking here DOWNLOAD. Now after downloading the WD SmartWare you will be able to unlock your hard drive. If you want to more information about unlocking the hard drive then you can also visit the official site and there you can search for the unlocking tricks else you can take the help of Western digital technical support. I hope this solution will be helpful for you.