Thread: WDTV Live does not respond to remote control after updating firmware 1.05.04

WDTV Live does not respond to remote control after updating firmware 1.05.04

I am using WD TV Live HD media player with my Sony Bravia LCD TV. I have recently upgrade the firmware of my WD TV Live HD media player and after doing this it has started behaving abnormally. Now after upgrading the firmware my WD TV Live HD media player is not working with my remote control. I am not able to see the progress bar also while playing any video from USB stick. How to get rid of this issue? Any help will be appreciated.

Re: WDTV Live does not respond to remote control after updating firmware 1.05.04

Try to solve this issue by completely disconnecting your WD TV Live HD media player from every connection and after that you have to first connect your WD TV Live HD media player only with power cable and USB stick and the check whether your remote control is working or not. Some times by reconnecting the WD TV Live HD media player can fix this type of issue. First try this trick and then let me know what the result is.

Re: WDTV Live does not respond to remote control after updating firmware 1.05.04

Did you try to solve this issue by resetting your WD TV Live HD media player? If you have not tried yet then I will suggest you to first reset your WD TV Live HD media player and after that check whether your problem gets solved or not. I think after resetting the WD TV Live HD media player you will be able to use your remote control with your WD TV Live HD media player. I hope this solution will be helpful to you, if you want any more help regarding this then let me know.

Yes I think you can solve this issue by resetting your WD TV Live HD media player. You can reset your WD TV Live HD media player by doing following steps. In your WD TV Live HD media player you have reset button at the left side of WD TV Live HD media player you have to press that button until your player gets restart. Now after you finished with the reset check whether all the things are working fine or not.

After trying to reconnect all the cables with my WD TV Live HD media player also I am still having the same problem. I have also tried to fix this issue by resetting the WD TV Live HD media player but after resetting the WD TV Live HD media player also I am not able to fix this issue. is there any other way to solve this then please let me know. I think this problem is occurring because of the new firmware and one thing I have noticed that when I try to use my WD TV Live HD media player without USB stick at that time I can use the remote control.

With my WD TV Live HD media player also I was having the similar issue and after that I have solved this problem by doing this trick and I think you should also try this solution. You have to rollback your firmware update and after that your problem will get solved. The main reason behind this is Western digital new firmware version making trouble while using some of the USB sticks with WD TV Live HD media player. try this solution and after that check whether it make any difference or not.

Well after reading your post I have tried to solve this issue by doing firmware rollback and after that when I check my remote control with WDTV Live at that time I get the same problem. Now after that I have tried to solve this issue by resetting the WDTV Live and after resetting the WDTV Live when I tried to use my remote control at that time I didn’t get any issue. Thank you for helping me.