Thread: MyBook Essential cannot access files or content

MyBook Essential cannot access files or content

Friends, I am having the MyBook Essential 3TB which is connected to my computer which is having Windows 7 installed in that. I am having two files connected to that. C: is for the Windows and Programs and the D: is for the documents, files, music, video, etc. I am using the WD Smartware to backup the files. It was able to backup the files for C: drive well but when I tried to do the backup for the d:/ drive then it only backup the "Mail" category. Can you tell me that what is the issue with this and can this be solved?

Re: MyBook Essential cannot access files or content

While you click the D: drive for adding that then have you gone back to the backup tab and then restart the backup. Most of the times, this is the only reason that why it is not working for you. You will require ensuring that whoever copied the data in excess to D: drive did it beneath similar username like SmartWare was installed. This is the main reason for such cases and I have a doubt that this would be the same for you also.

This is seems to be problem because of the permission. You may not be having proper rights to access that and because of that it is showing this effect while backup. So you should verify that you have full access and rights to that drive. If you are not the admin of the system then you can ask the administrator to provide you the proper privilege and after that do the backup. This time you will not see this issue.

I think that you are using some old version of the SmartWare and for that reason you are facing this issue. So my suggestion to you is to search and download the latest version of SmartWare in your computer. Install that and use that. But make sure that you will have to uninstall the previous version before you install the updated one because if you don’t do this then the problem might persist. So install the latest one and let us know if that helps you or not.

This seems that the .Net Framework 4.0 is not installed in your computer. If it is not installed then you may get such problems. So install it but before installing that, just uninstall the SmartWare and install the .Net Framework 4.0 in your computer and once you are completed with the installation then install the SmartWare again in that. This is one of the main reasons for this issue and installing the .Net Framework 4.0 will solve the problem for you.

The best thing that I can tell you is to contact to the*WD's tech support and ask for the problem to them. They will let you know that what are the problems with that and how that can be solved. They are very good in customer support and you will surely get some helpful answers from then. So do that and post back that what reply you got from them.