Thread: Error: 1603 while installing WD Smartware software

Error: 1603 while installing WD Smartware software

I amusing Dell Dimension E310 desktop and I was using windows vista. Last week I have formatted my laptop and I have also formatted my WD My Passport Essential 500GB portable hard drive. Now after formatting both I have installed all the drivers in my laptop again and after that when I have tried to install WD Smartware software at that time installation starts normally but after some time it gives me this message. "Installation was not successful (Error Code: 1603) Please try again or contact WD support for assistance." Please tell me what I should do to fix this.

Re: Error: 1603 while installing WD Smartware software

As far as I know error 1603 occurs only when any of the installation MSI file does not launch properly and that is why I will suggest you to try to install the WD Smartware software and after that check whether you are able to install the WD Smartware software or not. If you are able to install the WD Smartware software then I think there might be something wrong with your installation file.

Did you tried to install the WD Smartware software by connecting your WD My Passport Essential 500GB portable hard drive with the different USB port? If you have not tried this yet then I think you should first connect your WD My Passport Essential 500GB portable hard drive in different USB port and after connecting your WD My Passport Essential 500GB portable hard drive with different USB you have to check whether it is detecting or not.

Well according to me you should try to solve this WD Smartware software problem by doing following tricks. First you have to uninstall the .NET framework from your computer and after that you have to restart your compiler and after restarting your system you have to download the .NET FRAMEWORK. Now after installing the WD Smartware software you will not get any issue.

IF you don’t know from where to get the . net framework for your computer then you have to download it from Microsoft’s official website and after that you have to install it in your system. Now after installing the .NET Framework you will be able to install the WD Smartware software. You can also download the .NET Framework by clicking here DOWNLOAD.

Well I have tried to install WD Smartware software in all possible way but after trying all the possible tricks also I get the same error message. I have also tried to solve this issue by downloading the .NET Framework from your given link after installing that in my computer but after doing that also I get the same problem. Now please tell me what I should do to get rid of this issue.

If you are still not able to install WD Smartware software in your drive then I think you should contact the WD's Technical Support and there you have to ask about your problem and after that they will give you the proper solution regarding this issue and after that you will be able to install the WD Smartware software in your system. I hope this information will be helpful to you. 

Jabeena, dont't you think we don't know that we can contact their technical support? You're not helping here. I'm here to see if there is a proven solution to my problem, so I don't have to waste my time with tech support, answering hundreds of unrelated questions before you get to the bottom, and main thing I have to do it in my working time instead of now (12:01am). I just hate answers like that, when people have nothing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by sr.g View Post
    Jabeena, dont't you think we don't know that we can contact their technical support? You're not helping here. I'm here to see if there is a proven solution to my problem, so I don't have to waste my time with tech support, answering hundreds of unrelated questions before you get to the bottom, and main thing I have to do it in my working time instead of now (12:01am). I just hate answers like that, when people have nothing to say.
    Well, incase if this is not a problem but a bug itself then there is nothing you can do rather than contacting the technical support, considering it to be the last solution if nothing works. But if the drive is not in warranty then you will have to shell some extra bucks to get it repaired. By the way, have you already followed all the suggestions above to solve the issue?