Thread: Installing new hard drive shows blinking line while boot

Installing new hard drive shows blinking line while boot

I have recently purchased a new hard drive so that I can use that as my primary drive. It is having Windows 7 installed on that and when I rebooted then found that the bootloader was showing me 2 versions of windows in that and from which one is as of my old drive. When I selected the top version from that then instead of starting, it shows me the blinking screen. I booted many of the times but every time I got the same result. Please help me friends.

Re: Installing new hard drive shows blinking line while boot

I think that the second driver which you are trying to use is not connected properly and so boot loader is not able to load the operating system from that. So just unplug that from your computer and remove the drive form that. After that insert that again into that and make sure that the connection is proper. Once you are sure about that then try to start that again to see if it can load it or not.

It is possible that the Windows 7 that is installed in your computer might not be installed properly and because of that you are facing this problem. What you can do is the clean install of the Windows 7 again to that drive. It will create all the new files for the Windows 7 operating system and the problem will be resolved after this. It will only work if the installed Windows 7 is having some problem with that.

I don’t think that installing two hard drives on the same computer will create any problem with the system. It is completely normal to do that. I think that you have used the same product ID code to install the operating system in that and because of that it is showing this problem. So if you can get some other product ID code for this then use that for the installation and you will not get that problem again.

I would like to tell you that Windows have lost the way to get the path for the Windows 47 installation and so it is blinking your screen. Other than reinstalling, you can also try to repair the system and that will solve the problem for you. You should boot from the Windows installation disk and select the option to repair and this will repair the system. I hope that repairing will solve the problem for you.

Repairing the system will be good option for you but if that do not work for you then you can try to install the operating system again by removing the second hard drive from the computer. Removing the second hard drive will direct the installation of the operating system to the available drive and there is more possibility that you will not get issue with that. Please reply if this works or not.