Thread: how to format clickfree usb hard drive

how to format clickfree usb hard drive

I’m having windows xp and even having the 500 GB clcikfree portable backup drive well I don’t need to back up my system so I am playing to use that to store some data and movie is it. Well for this I’m sure I need to format the drive. Can anyone suggest me to how to do this? Please help me regarding this problem as I’m not getting anything even after searching on net. Thanks in advanced.

Re: how to format clickfree usb hard drive

For this you need to repartition the entire things externally and then again recreate them and then try to format the partition for the operating system. Well you must search for the step by step to do so and or even the tutorial for it. But before doing that makes sure you are not deleting or creating or format the wrong partition. If you dint get anything then you must contact to the technical support to do so. Hope this help you.

well you can do this by making use of disk part and this can be done by using the command in sequence such as diskpart and then use the list disk in that just note the disk number for x and then after that use the command such as clean and then CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY and then select the partition x and then use active command and then format using the NTFS and then assign and exit and then disable the drive and now it work as normal usb drive.

after formatting make sure you disable the Clickfree dvd rom drive for that you need to go to computer management and from there select the disk management and in then navigate to Clickfree DVD/CD Rom drive right click on it and then select properties and in that’s go to device usage and then from the device usage just select the “Do not use this device (disable)" and remember that you need to do this whenever you connect to the different computer.