Thread: Can my PC support Antec Earthwatts 650?

Can my PC support Antec Earthwatts 650?

I am thinking to buy the Antec Earthwatts 650 PSU. I am having Studio XPS 435mt 920 with the Intel i7 processor. I am having doubt that if this going to supported with my PC. I just want to confirm that here so that I should not get problems after that. Please post some suggestion of yours about this. If this is not going to work then tell me some other unit that I can prefer for my system. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this.

Re: Can my PC support Antec Earthwatts 650?

If you can give us more detail that how are you going to use then it will be easy for us to give you other alternative options. Like if you are going to use that every day for the web, email. If this is the case then I think that this will be fine for you. I have gone through the specifications and after that I can say that this is going to work with the Core i7. Anyway, you can go for this without any hesitation and that is going to work for you. Thank you.

According to me the 650W must be enough but a few of these Earthwatts otherwise Neo Eco products from Antec come with no power cord. I guess that the i7 may need an 8-pin EPS 12V(along with a 4-pin connector), along with the regular 24-pin motherboard power connector, which delivers superior power as compared to the ATX 12V. Therefore, to be on safe side checkout the connectors available on Antec. But I would say that there are enhanced and cheaper options available.

You can go for the 650W XFX XXX Edition PSU which is made particularly for the recital gamer, this 650W XFX XXX Edition PSU supports manifold high-end graphics cards through a single, high-power +12V rail which remove the issues connected with manifold +12V power distribution. Industrial grade components and elevated quality Japanese brand capacitors (105°C) guarantee high consistency as well as extended life. This takes you an special competence up to 85%. Giving additional than only life to the computer. This power supply also permits easy cable management through limited modular connectors to augment airflow as well as decrease clutter.

XFX is a good brand and this model offers much more than the Antec. First, the XFX has a wide variety and a greater number of connectors for all needs, along with a 135mm fan to keep cool. You can also have SLI / Crossfire and is modular, that is unlike conventional design of the cables are not enduringly connected to the power supply. You can separate the unused wires to reduce clutter and increase airflow. None of these characteristics is in Antec.