Thread: Unable to connect OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 to Sniper build

Unable to connect OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 to Sniper build

I have just brought another Hard-drive from my pc which is formerly developed by the OCZ Vertex and is powered with SATA 3 drives with a Sand force 2500 series controllers which according to various web sites have a Max read time s of 550MB/S and Max write speed of 500 MB/s. So I have assemble it with my existing pc components, and all appears to work fine except the OCT vertex 3 SSD hard rive in this as this is still not giving me the speed that it should run at .Any help on what mistake did it made on this would be of great help . I have built all this on a Cooler master sniper motherboard .

Re: Unable to connect OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 to Sniper build

I think that you should try visiting the BIOS system go your system as that is the one that is having a problem as it might not have configured problem, as you may have left it as it was before after you have upgraded your system, more on I think that the problem would go on increasing and may also damage you other components so I suggest you to check all the configuration in the Bios , specially check the to enable the SATA section of the BIOS .

It may also be that the OCZ vertex that you have brought might have a been buggy and that is what causing you the problem, I suggest you to check the same with any other machine that is have almost the same configuration and check it there , but do remember to check on SATA 3 option I the Bios as that might be a important factor in transferring speed that is annoying you ,PErphas the a change of the unit might do even better .

There may be fault in the data cable that you are using ,because every time we buy a new device we think that the new device is fault where as there other may also be fault just don ‘t know what exackly your problem is but , I think changing the data cable might just he you to get better result , I had this problem with the SATA 2 ,and that was solved by changing the cable and your case looks similar to mine so I think that would be able to solve your problem.

I suggest you to follow the step above as all of them need to be followed to solved your problem but , the only thing that I think is missing here is the Marvell drives which also play an important role in the transferring speed this might just be the problem as without the necessary drivers it works like an normal sata drive ., so Just see the all your MARvell drivers are up to date and make sure the you have the latest version of bios installed on your PC.

Updating the drivers just helped me out , as I have not been a native user to such things I have to ask for an hardware technician to support me to solve my problem but , iwas shocked when I he used the same method that you did thei should I have tried the method that you told me but , I thought that I would futther make this difficult ,thanks for the help as that was ver y accurate and thank for the time that you took out to support me .