Thread: How to do unpartition on Double Drive

How to do unpartition on Double Drive

I just recently bought the Asus G73SW laptop and the configuration of this laptop is to be as Intel Core™ i7 2630Q, Intel® Core™ i5 2410M processor, Intel HM65 Express Chipset, DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM, 2.5" 9.5mm SATA, 640GB 5400rpm, 750GB 7200rpm, 500GB 7200rpm SSH, 500GB 5400rpm/7200rpm and mostly important Dual HDD Support. In this laptop first hard drive was partition into OS(C) 116gb and DATA(D) 327gb. while the other is to be into the SDATA1(E) 232gb and SDATA2(F)GB 232gb . This is the higher configuration based laptop and I want to do unpartition on this Double Drive laptop. Here I want to unpartition the E and F drives into singular drive. Is is possible without losing data or reinstall the system?

Re: How to do unpartition on Double Drive

Before any task on the system you need to make a moderately-sized image backup of the OS partition. After that you can simply do file backups of data partition. As per the post you have not fix on to remain first hard drive in two partitions or singular. For doing this task you need to use RAID. This will be allowed to configure the two drives together. Then this two drive act as one drive. It also the system for all of the storage and improves speed.

This is a brand new Asus laptop. If this machine is running windows 7 Home premium, then this set up in such a technique that all of the "my documents" folder locations are currently on the C drive. You can manually or using automated partitioning software does this unpartition your hard drive. This is the two techniques that will be help to do such kind of complicated task without reinstalling the hard drive. This will be work on the windows based system.

If you search into disk management then you must observe all the partitions. This will also capable to modify their own sizes. Using this option you need to first delete the F drive bit and then expand E to use the free space of F. then do this task using the disk management facility of the windows 7. This will be help to solve your problem. Before doing this you need to first backup the data on the F drive. This will help in future.

The usual technique is to use a Microsoft DOS diskette to do this unpartition task manually. This is to support to do the repartition the drive however this wipes out all data. This method requires diskette with MS DOS system files. This will be help to operate off the diskette to unpartition your hard drive. This is the manual technique of the windows system and you can easily do this task on it using this bootable DOS compact disk.

The alternative way to do this task is to be use partition magic program of windows. This will be alternative way that helps to resize partition, create partition, format partition, move partition, recovery partition and a lot extra. Then use this program on your E and F drive and then perform the task as per necessary on this program. This will be work on the windows system and it is the free program. It is best for Hard Drive free partition manager.