Thread: Slow data transfer from Wd Elements disk

Slow data transfer from Wd Elements disk

I recently purchased two elements SE disks. From the very first day they are giving very slow transfer of the data. I didn’t paid attention to that as I never tried with a large amount of data. Yesterday, I tried to transfer about 40 GB of the data from that and then I found that it was taking very long time to transfer that. This is very irritating to wait for long time to get it processed. Can you please tell me that what is the problem with that and how can this be solves. I have already tried all the things from my side to solve that but it was not helpful. I hope someone over here can provide me the solution for this.

Re: Slow data transfer from Wd Elements disk

After reading your post, I think that the problem is because of the virus attack on your computer and for that reason it is showing you the slow transfer crate. So if you are not having some antivirus program in your computer then please install one in that and after that scan the whole system. Make sure that the antivirus which you are using is up to date and if that is not updated then it might miss some threads in your drive and problem will not be resolved.

Are you having the NTFS formatted disk? You have not mentioned anything regarding this. Other than this, you should also check that you are having the sufficient power for the USB. This can be considered as one of the possible reasons for this issue. If you are having low power supply then you will get the issues like this. If that is the problem then fix that accordingly and you will be out of the issue. Thank you!!!

Transfer speed and time is also depends on the number of files that you are trying to transfer. This is not totally depends on the amount of data. If you are having one single large file then it will take less time to transfer and if you are having same amount of the data with many files then this will take more time to transfer. I hope that you will get the idea that why it is giving you slow transfer speed.

Are you having the upgraded driver in your computer? If you are having the outdated driver then also it might cause the problem for you. So search for the latest driver on web and install that on your computer. I am not very sure that this will resolve the problem for you but you can try this once for sure to see if that helps you or not. So do this first before going to try some other thing on your computer. I hope that you will be out of the issue after this.

I would love to dump 700 MB of data in just seconds. To speed up copies of Linux for sure! Now I can move my files around much faster and really be able to de-duplicate data in a more reasonable. I can use the SD card from Transcend Class 10 on my Pentax K-7, so I fall on my card 4 GB ReadyBoost spare when I need more speed. I'll have to try again, because this happened to Win7 SP1, run the disk check external disk resulted in explorer.exe memory leak ... paging operations were the most just to open Firefox.