Thread: Do you think the temperatures are good after buying New Cpu & Gpu?

Do you think the temperatures are good after buying New Cpu & Gpu?

I just purchased an AMD Phenom X4 II 965 3.4 GHz processor and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 560Ti. I set up together and they are working very much better, but my PC seems much noisier than it used to be the graphics card runs about 38 ° C when idle and you can get about 60 around 50 -59c when playing a game and when my CPU is idle, it shows 43 c and 65 to 80 when video games or rendering. My stats seem to indicate that the fan is running in 1470 and 1500 rpm at the instance but my pc noises much stronger than before. Is this all right and my fan is running faster to keep all the things fresh or must I see if I can fit another fan in my base unit?

Re: Do you think the temperatures are good after buying New Cpu & Gpu?

I'm running the same card and they do tend to run a little warmer. I have seen up to 73 C in the GPU when playing The Witcher 2. That game is very demanding and I have manipulated the configuration. As the temperature of the CPU seem a little high. You may want to revisit the TMC, as it could be a bit much. You should always have the latest drivers and bios, and in this case you must update the BIOS and see how it goes. If supported by a new version of the BIOS then I understand. On my desk, I was the Pentium D 805 Pentium D 945 and had to first update the BIOS to accommodate the CPU upgrade.

Those temperatures are fine, they can get lower, but these are about average. Most CPU utmost out at 60 ° C, somewhat higher than that and you might have problems. Load 40C idle, 60C full is good. Same for the GPU load, 60C and 80C complete rest are good temps. Have you run Prime95 yet? Run it for about an hour and see how high your CPU temps go. Just try this out and you will understand. All the best!

Improving your BIOS can get your temps a little lesser, but I doubt it. I just want to know, you are using a CPU fan market? Besides, how to apply thermal paste and what is it used? Make sure you do not have moreover much thermal paste. The simplest means to use thermal paste is the "grain of rice." Apply a bit of it in the mass of a grain of rice, and then just put your CPU cooler on top of the CPU and spreads by itself. This will get rid of all air bubbles and make sure you have a smooth, even spread. Also the old "credit card" technique, which spread to yourself, but it takes longer and creates air bubbles.

Graphics cards from different temps when idle in reviews I read 80 ° C and are not uncommon, although it is high. My HIS 5770 is clocked at idle 38C. Your fan is set to a maximum not exceeding 60% is either too high. This keeps a good max. You perhaps have to deal with the GPU fan noise when I play, if you contain a high card design temperature. Go after the manufacturer about this temp. CPUs typically run 25-30C at idle with a good after-cooler market and a good airflow case. Be your game; consider a good after market cooler for the CPU, Arctic Silver 5 paste and a small application in thin film. Consider whether adjustments are made to restrain their fans, temperatures will rise when you do.

Are you running the stock fans? The AMD Phenom X4 chip you have is a 125watt CPU, stock coolers do a amazing job and that needs high-speed fan under pressure. I would suggest looking for a heatpipe cooler with 4 or more a fan of 120 mm. The video card is not much choice on it will be noisy under load. That video card is perhaps pulling extra power than the CPU is, and pushes through that core. Video cards are not very easy to chill well.